Glock Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in PA and want to start carrying when we go to church. But our church has a school on the same property (not the same building).

PA law says the following [emphasis mine]:

A person commits a misdemeanor of the first degree if he possesses a weapon in the buildings of, on the grounds of, or in any conveyance providing transportation to or from any elementary or secondary publicly-funded educational institution, any elementary or secondary private school licensed by the Department of Education or any elementary or secondary parochial school.

I won't be in the school building, but the church and school are on the same property - so is the church and parking lot still considered to be "on the grounds of" the school? The church building sits right next to the school building, maybe 100 feet apart. The parking lot is used for both.

Obviously no one needs to know I'm carrying unless it becomes necessary (don't ask, don't tell?), but I just want to make sure I'm in the clear should the need arise.

·
Super Moderator
65,630 Posts
You will not find what you are looking for on this forum. We are not lawyers and do not give legal advice. Don’t ask, don’t tell is a failure. You’re not off to a good start. Thread closed. Op warned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.