·
Registered
142 Posts
In my 45's I use Hornady TAP series,
In my 9mm's I use Federal Hydroshock's

·
Registered
220 Posts
For 9 MM I generally shoot Hydra-Shocks. In .45 ACP Critical Defense is good. Sometimes I'll change off if Cabela's has a sale going on some of the other brand name stuff. I live just 2 miles away, so I generally wind up there at least once a week or so.

·
Registered
35 Posts
45 Auto

G21 I use Hydra-Shoks. Am going to switch to Winchester Ranger as these are the Black Talons renamed and recolored!

·
Registered
12 Posts
...if it were legal to carry in my state (IL), which it is not.
I'm with him.

Through several training classes, and many LE stories, I've learned and respected the "no magic bullet" theory. And what little I've seen and heard, it seems (IMO) the heavier the slug, the better. The FBI ballistics tests that I've seen seem to weigh (no pun intended) in favor of a heavier, slow(er) moving slug as opposed to a light one going much faster.

Depending on your school of thought, or which ever way you tend to lean, it all boils down to this- Shot placement is king.

Dosent matter if you're slingin' a 235g chunk-o-lead or a 115g hollowpoint, if that slug hits em' in the electrical box, you're gonna shut em' down...and fast.:D

1 - 20 of 309 Posts