Carry Ammo Threads merged here:

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by wsar10, Dec 6, 2011.

1. wsar10

wsar10 New Member

In my 45's I use Hornady TAP series,
    In my 9mm's I use Federal Hydroshock's

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
  2. neem19

neem19 Just trying to stay warm

9mm-Fed. Hydroshock
    45ACP-Hornady XTP

3. RLHas

RLHas New Member

I've been kinda likin the Hornady Critical Defense ammo lately. The G23
    Shoots consistantly, cleanly and makes for a nice wallop when the time comes...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  4. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Federal 9BPLE+P in my 17, Winchester Ranger 115 grain in my non Glock.

5. For 9 MM I generally shoot Hydra-Shocks. In .45 ACP Critical Defense is good. Sometimes I'll change off if Cabela's has a sale going on some of the other brand name stuff. I live just 2 miles away, so I generally wind up there at least once a week or so.

6. Dirty J

Dirty J This forum sucks.

I've carried Winchester PDX1 and Hornady Critical Defense in the past, but my current carry guns are loaded with Speer Gold Dot.

7. MR1911

MR1911 New Member

230 gr Zombie max

8. tbhracing

tbhracing New Member

CA
    All 9mm-

HD/SD- Golden Saber JHP 124 grain

Range- PMC, Remington or MagTech 115 grain FMJ

9. rico567

rico567 New Member

Either Hydra-Shoks or Gold Dots.....if it were legal to carry in my state (IL), which it is not.

10. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Winchester STX 165

11. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Member

Hornady TAP 230 +P...not because its the best (it isn't), but because its the best that is readily available, and it shoots good too....accurate, feeds and functions, not over priced either.

12. peters923

peters923 New Member

NM
    Hornady Critical Defense

13. I use Federal Hydroshocks

I use 40 cal Federal Hydroshock personal defense ammo. With my 12 gauge I use the new 12 gauge w/ the slug, rifle round and double odd buck rounds.

14. dickwat

dickwat New Member

In my G22 (.40 S&W) I carry Federal Premium, 135 gr JHP, super accurate.

15. GLShooter

GLShooter New Member

Old School. 230 grain hard ball in my 45 ACP and WW Silver Tips in my 9 MM's.

Greg

16. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

17. 45 Auto

G21 I use Hydra-Shoks. Am going to switch to Winchester Ranger as these are the Black Talons renamed and recolored!

18. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

Any quality HP in 9mm. Gold Dots are the most common around here. Ranger when I find it.

19. I'm with him.

Through several training classes, and many LE stories, I've learned and respected the "no magic bullet" theory. And what little I've seen and heard, it seems (IMO) the heavier the slug, the better. The FBI ballistics tests that I've seen seem to weigh (no pun intended) in favor of a heavier, slow(er) moving slug as opposed to a light one going much faster.

Depending on your school of thought, or which ever way you tend to lean, it all boils down to this- Shot placement is king.

Dosent matter if you're slingin' a 235g chunk-o-lead or a 115g hollowpoint, if that slug hits em' in the electrical box, you're gonna shut em' down...and fast.:D

20. BORIS

BORIS New Member

Winchester USA 230 grain JHP in the G37 and PDX1 for 9mm..