Carbine using Glock mags ???

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by bhale187, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I"m looking for a carbine that takes Glock mags, specifically in 40cal.

I know Oly makes an AR configuration that takes Glock mags, but that's a bit more than I want to pay for what will amount to little more than a toy for me.

Same goes for the conversions like RONI, Mechtech, HERA, all a bit more than I want to spend. (at least I hear RONI and HERA make a 16" brl model, though I've not seen them)

I wish HiPoint's carbine would take Glock mags, price on them is great, and I'm just looking for a plinker toy.

Than there's Kel Tec's Sub2000, which seems to be my only option. Not that there is a problem with it, just wondering if there is some other option out there that I am not aware of.

2. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Keltec Sub2000 is the only one I'm aware of and as far as I've read/heard it's a good one.

3. rjrivero

rjrivero New Member

Oly removed their glock lowers from their website. No longer making them, I understand.

There is Thureon Defense as well that makes a glock mag carbine.

Lone Wolf makes AR's that use Glock mags. It *should* be useable with the Rock River .40 Cal uppers. I have not seen one yet to verify, but I think it *should* work.

MGI makes 10mm and 45 ACP lowers that use modular mag wells from the GLock Pistols.

And of course the KRISS Super V also uses Glock 21 Mags.

Kel Tec as you've already pointed out.

Of the options you have, the Kel-Tec is probably the least expensive.

4. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

I have a Kriss Super V and love it. The next Gen of Kriss (K10) will have .40 and 9mm versions.

Here was one that wasn't mentioned and seems cheap and interesting.

http://shop.justrightcarbines.com/main.sc

The refurbished ones look good still and are cheaper. No idea in quality I am still looking into it myself for the future.

5. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

Thureon Defense 9mm Carbine

Attached Files:

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter