Car Holster???

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Rich31977, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Rich31977

Rich31977 Member

This picture was on Facebook. Does anyone know if this is something that can actually be purchased? It looks like it might be a nice rig to have if you spend a lot of time behind the wheel.

image-3228627109.jpg

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

The bracket looks handmade but I have a holster just like it for my Ruger SR9, but for me, I have a seatcover with a Velcroed pouch that goes down over the front with two MAG pouches and a spot for a gun, I keep a G21 in it so it can hold about any full size gun, works great! It has pouches on each side of the seat and the back as well.
    Thesportsmansguide.com is where I bought it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
  4. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

5. Rich31977

Rich31977 Member

That sounds cool, thanks for the info everyone! I never even thought of a vehicle holster, need to check out some options and go from there.

6. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

The NRA store has something like that in catalog. Check it out.

7. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Saw this setup on Desantisholster.com..

Attached Files:

8. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Or buy some industrial strength hook&loop and make your own.

9. FAS1

FAS1 Active Member

Make sure it's legal in your state. Some very gun friendly states that allow you to keep a loaded handgun in your car also require it to be concealed. I don't think these type holsters meet that requirement.

10. Rich31977

Rich31977 Member

That is a good point. I live in Pennsylvania and I believe they do require it to be concealed. Thanks for the heads up!

11. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Something else to remember is being able to access your weapon with the seat belt fully retracted. I mount mine on the console with quick screws, that way I can change holsters if I carry a different gun.

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f25/bought-other-day-4429/

This is what I use in my truck, It will fit any size gun and holds two magazines, Where you see the gun in the pouch, that pouch is velcroed down each side so you can just yank on it and the whole thing is exposed. Works great for me.