Car holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Hamster, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Hamster

Hamster New Member

As I was pulling a customers car around to service it today, I felt something against my right leg. Looking down, I saw 2 G27 mags (the gun itself was with the customer) in a holster that was mounted to the side of the center console. My first thought was "COOL! I want one!". I asked him about it and he said he bought it from Cheaperthandirt.com. I cannot find it on their website as of yet but, I did find this.

http://www.texascustomholsters.com/tag/car-mount/

2. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

I use a Blackhawk serpa for mine mounted under my steering column. A lot cheaper that the one you have listed.

3. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

That sounds similar to what I had in mind. I have been looking into getting the tools to make some kydex stuff and an idea popped into my head like that where i could mount it down by my right knee on the center console where it would be easy to get at if needed.

4. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

So you mean to tell me I am not a genius...:rolleyes:

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I guess the saying "great minds think alike" would apply here....;)

6. Hamster

Hamster New Member

I do like that one better since it's lower profile (doesn't stick out as much). However, in order to place the pistol right side up which is what I'd prefer, A: you'd have to get a left handed holster, B: releasing the catch might prove to be a challenge and C: I haven't found one yet that fits my gun.

7. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

Just remember that you need to be able to get to it with the seat belt fully retracted in case someone runs you over a curb or off the road. A good Kydex holster is pretty easy to make for a console mounted holster.