Cant decide Glock 22 or 17

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by cdj588, Feb 24, 2012.

1. cdj588

cdj588 New Member

Im in between a g22, g17, or springfield XDm right now.

I want another 9 with a good light trigger, I currently have a sigma and ive decided its time to move on. However, I also want another 40.

So, I was thinkin get the g22 and a conversion barrel from Lone Wolf for $99 from cheaperthandirt. However, the reviews I have read thus far say cycling problems and lack of accuracy is common.

Therefore, the question is, can I convert a g22 to a 9mm and it be as reliable as a g17? Or should I just get the g17?

Also, just for my own knowledge, can you convert a g22 to a .357 and vice versa? And can you convert a g31 to a 9mm? Can you convert the 10mm or 45 acp into anything?

Thank ya much

2. cdj588

cdj588 New Member

I forgot to ask, does it matter if you get a compact or sub compact in regards to the conversion? For instance could I get a g23 and then put in a g17 barrel if I dont mind the barrel sticking out?

One more question LOL, why dont people just buy original Glock barrels to do the conversions instead of Lone Wolf barrels?

3. cdj588

cdj588 New Member

too many questions at once I guess lol. Sorry Im new and just got real excited once I figured out how versatile a glock can be.

4. metalriot

metalriot New Member

I have a g23 I bought the lone wolf 40-9 barrel for it.i had a few stove pipes with it but I don't know why they say it's not accurate because in my experience it's been dead on.shooting in .40 I've run about 500 rounds through it with no issues at all.i would not use the 9mm conversion for carry due to the jams.but if you get the g22 you can buy the 40-9 barrel and 9mm mags and it will shoot 9mm.if you buy a .357 barrel you can use the .40 mags and it will shoot .357. You get the most versatility out of the .40.with the 9mm you can only shoot 9mm.hope that helps

5. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Yes you can get the full size barrel, or if you want, get a Glock 23 and a ported barrel to reduce muzzle flip :)

The reason people buy the Lone Wolf is because a stock Glock 9mm barrel would not fill up the hole in the slide of a Glock 23. The conversion barrels are thicker to fill up the entire space.

Also to the issue about stovepipes, sometimes the the chambers in the Lone Wolf barrels are too tight, but they will take it back and fix it up for you, or you may want to get a 9mm extractor and drop that in when you shoot with the conversion barrel. That may help.

6. metalriot

metalriot New Member

Ok here's how it works you could put a full size conversion barrel in a sub compact an the barrel will hang out the end and it will work just fine. But to convert the .357 or .40 caliber you can't for example just put a g17 barrel in a g22 becaus the barrel on the g22 is thicker then the 17 and a 17 barrel would be lose in the g22 barrel because the hole in the slide is bigger on the g22 and the barrel would be lose in it. But you can use the factory .357 flock barrel in the .40 and viseversa.the other reason to buy lone wolf is the price difference factory flock barrels are about $80 more.plus in the factory barrel you can only shoot full metal jacket ammo cause cheaper lead bullets can cause problems. You can shoot cheap lead bullets out of the line wolf. So IMO lone wolf barrels are a win win all the way around