Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was wondering can you use a G22G4 lower (frame) with a G17G4 upper (slide)? Oh and the other direction G17G4lower with G22G4 upper??

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
It would make sense. FRom what I've heard, you can swap the slides but will also need to change out the Ejectors and use their respective mags.

I've never seen it in person. I've only heard of people doing it.

YMMV.

D

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Yes. You can do that. I put a G38 slide on a G19 frame and it worked flawlessly.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
Would you use a 19 frame and 23 slide as your carry weapon? Or vice versa?
I understand the only thing different is the ejector which wouldn't make a difference, right?

·
I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!
998 Posts
Some people say that you have to change it, or maybe its the extractor they say you have to change. I don't remember. But no, you don't have to change anything. It'll run just fine with just swapping out the slides. I've actually ran a g17 barrel in a g22 frame and slide and it worked just fine, just used my g17 mags. The barrel was a tiny bit loose but it didn't effect the cycling or anything.

·
Hard Work! Dedication!
4,537 Posts
J-Will said:
Some people say that you have to change it, or maybe its the extractor they say you have to change. I don't remember. But no, you don't have to change anything. It'll run just fine with just swapping out the slides. I've actually ran a g17 barrel in a g22 frame and slide and it worked just fine, just used my g17 mags. The barrel was a tiny bit loose but it didn't effect the cycling or anything.
could be the extractor, I don't remember.
But ok, next time at the range I'll swap slides from my 19 & 23 to test it out.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
It's the ejector that has to be changed (sometimes).

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Argyle_Armoring said:
It's the ejector that has to be changed (sometimes).
But not when you are swapping entire slide right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.