Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a small warehouse with other business around..in California we have alot of people diging in to the trash bins..for recyclables..I understand , people are trying to get bye.. But there's some big crack head looking people digging in to the bins too..its not a big deal monday to.....Friday but on Saturdays I work alone and the other around business are close...the other workers have ask if I get scared..on Saturdays...I play it off... But I do worry..I seen the first 48 I seen what desperate people can do. So can I ccw at my job...just on Saturdays..

·
Registered
422 Posts
Our company has a "No Weapons", "No Smoking On Company Property", "No Breathing On Me With Bad Breath", etc. etc. policy.

I need my job. I don't carry at work. It's an office environment and I doubt anyone there will go postal. You never know, of course. But I feel pretty good about my co-workers.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Depends on your laws and your companies policies. My co policy says no, but I do anyway. I would rather be unemployed than dead.
Funny You should say that about company policy.
The company I work for say's "No" firearms are allowed on company property, But when the President of the Company spots a snake in the pond we have out back, he call's on me.
Ever so often he also bring's his Grandson to work with him so I can take him out on the back side of the property and target practice.

Check your company policy, talk with your Boss and explain to him your concern's, you never know till you ask.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah ..I would never carry at ..any of my other jobs ..but my gut instinct ..tells me..there's a dangerous ..situation..here ..I rather get fired then get killed..that's a great point

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
robert909 said:
Yeah ..I would never carry at ..any of my other jobs ..but my gut instinct ..tells me..there's a dangerous ..situation..here ..I rather get fired then get killed..that's a great point
You are the only one on Saturdays, I guess nobody would know.
Carry it concealed. Just saying....

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Funny You should say that about company policy.
The company I work for say's "No" firearms are allowed on company property, But when the President of the Company spots a snake in the pond we have out back, he call's on me.
Ever so often he also bring's his Grandson to work with him so I can take him out on the back side of the property and target practice.

Check your company policy, talk with your Boss and explain to him your concern's, you never know till you ask.
I agree that I'd rather be fired then hurt or dead.

But as a former Internal Auditor for a company that has a "no-weapons" policy, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you READ your company's policy on weapons in the workplace.

Here is the reason why I would hesitate to talk to management about your question. If you ask management (depending on the manager), you will be creating more questions in their mind about you. You are providing management now with "suspicion of disregard for company policy" which can later be turned to "proof" when/if you get caught with the firearm on premises. This isn't limited to if you have to pull it out. It can also be if you're "printing", someone goes in your desk and sees it, etc. etc.

Unless your direct boss is someone you can trust and who you know is also 2A, then I wouldn't speak with the boss regarding this. If you really want to speak with the boss, make sure you put out "Feelers" to see what the attitude towards 2A is. Maybe start out with your concerns about safety and whether or not you can have a knife (not a boxcutter, since they're not "weapons"...yeah right) or even a can of mace or pepper spray. Depending on how they answer that, then I would move the conversation towards a firearm, etc.

HTH
D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I been taking my glock , to work...and today,I show up ...and see 3 men.....drinking..in the back...of my work place...I park..load my glock ...put it in my iwb...holster ....got out..."How's it going fellas" I said ..its 6am they where wasted..."we are just partying"....happy drunks ..they just took off..but ..easy could of gone bad...but I have my peace of mind... aka...glock 30

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't carry on the premises but do carry to and from work. It's a technicality I know but one that can have severe consequences.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if it's relevant to the convo, but Texas has passed a law that protects you if u carry in ur car to and from work. A lot of companies state that u cannot have a gun on the property, simply said, you cannot be punished for having a gun in ur car on company property. Even if the company has a policy against it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I work as HR in CA, so unless you have a ccw and your company allows it. Then probably not. More than likely with CA if you end up pulling your firearm out you'll be considered brandishing a firearm, possibly concealing a deadly weapon and be fired from your job. To be safe I'd say not to carry it and find other means. It sucks but bring it up to your company they could make an exception.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well as a federal employee at the local VA there is no way i can or will carry . cuz its a felony we have 3 armed federal police.( they are not rent a cop) and just a phone call away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It is unlawful to carry a loaded rifle, shotgun, or handgun in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated area or an area where firing a firearm is prohibited.
Exceptions include:

Persons shooting on target ranges, or while hunting on the premises of a shooting club.
A person who reasonably believes that he or his property is in immediate danger and the weapon must be carried for "preservation."
A person "engaged in the act of making or attempting lawful arrest."
A person carrying a firearm while at home or at his place of business, including temporary residences and campsites.

·
Registered
245 Posts
glockinonheavensdoor said:
It is unlawful to carry a loaded rifle, shotgun, or handgun in any public place or on any public street in an incorporated area or an area where firing a firearm is prohibited.
Exceptions include:

Persons shooting on target ranges, or while hunting on the premises of a shooting club.
A person who reasonably believes that he or his property is in immediate danger and the weapon must be carried for "preservation."
A person "engaged in the act of making or attempting lawful arrest."
A person carrying a firearm while at home or at his place of business, including temporary residences and campsites.
Yes that is true DEPENDING on your state laws. Once I get my ccw you I.will carry at work but I work on retail and its legal to conceal carry where I work.

·
Registered
505 Posts
obxglock said:
Yes that is true DEPENDING on your state laws. Once I get my ccw you I.will carry at work but I work on retail and its legal to conceal carry where I work.
You're one of the lucky ones. Many can't cc at work due to the company's policy.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
obxglock said:
Original post is in CA.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts