Can I get a lending 'ear'?

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by SuperSport, May 10, 2012.

1. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Hey Glocketeers! ;)

Got the bug again and have been hitting the range the last few weeks but I'm afraid my gear may be outdated. I have an old set of Dillon electronic ears and to be honest - I don't know how I put up with the hard plastic ear cushions/pads that cover your ear. With the advent of hi-fi headphones and comfort, these Dillon ears don't compare in the comfort game.

So it looks like this old bird needs to step up my ear protection game. Would like to stick with the electronic flavor but open to suggestions from those that are just overjoyed with their ears. Not trying to break the bank (need ammo and booze) but like the old saying goes: best bang for the buck. I like the low profile muffs but do realize those typically provide better protection. I also use foam earplugs for insurance.

Your input is greatly 'preciated!
    Edward

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

3. jmanwill

jmanwill New Member

I need to try a pair of these.

4. Angry_Dave

Angry_Dave is being censored

I use mine almost everyday and I love them, just remember to clean them often.

5. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Check out the Howard Leight Impact Sports, I really enjoy mine and a lot of people on here use them. For $50 they are awesome, and probably the "best bang for the buck".

6. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

I use the Howard Leight's as well, awesome electronic ears. My problem with them is they get freakin hot shooting outdoors in the summer, so I might pick up Surefire EP4s.

7. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

+1 on the Howard Leight Impact Sports. Low profile. Relatively cheap for electronic ears ($30 on sale, normally $50ish). Works exactly the way you'd expect them to work. Very comfortable for me.

8. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

How are these at an indoor range? Or would you say they should be used outdoors?

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thanks Shooter, i just ordered a set, for all the dollar here two dollars there the 20 and change will easily pay for itself quickly! Besides i hate mickey mouse ears! They just annoy me.

10. mlawrence

mlawrence New Member

I use these as well and they are great indoors and out. Truly magnificent engineering for such a simple and inexpensive product!

11. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks!

12. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

13. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I wear custom molded silicone earplugs. $45 a pair and LOVE them!

14. I use nothing. Figure in life or death i wont have anything may as well be used to it. I dont shoot inside though

15. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Oooo, I used to think just an occassianal shreek from an intake on the TA-4J I worked on wouldn't matter either. I now get used to saying,"HUH" quite frequently. But, to each his own.

16. I dont shoot enough to matter i dont think. I havent shot since.........November and that was like 50rnds

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

You work to much Nuk, get to the range:D

18. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

That's not something that needs to be trained. If I were you, I'd start wearing hearing protection.

19. SquadCapt4

SquadCapt4 New Member