Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Glocketeers! ;)

Got the bug again and have been hitting the range the last few weeks but I'm afraid my gear may be outdated. I have an old set of Dillon electronic ears and to be honest - I don't know how I put up with the hard plastic ear cushions/pads that cover your ear. With the advent of hi-fi headphones and comfort, these Dillon ears don't compare in the comfort game.

So it looks like this old bird needs to step up my ear protection game. Would like to stick with the electronic flavor but open to suggestions from those that are just overjoyed with their ears. Not trying to break the bank (need ammo and booze) but like the old saying goes: best bang for the buck. I like the low profile muffs but do realize those typically provide better protection. I also use foam earplugs for insurance.

Your input is greatly 'preciated!
Edward

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
unit44justin said:
Check out the Howard Leight Impact Sports, I really enjoy mine and a lot of people on here use them. For $50 they are awesome, and probably the "best bang for the buck".
I use the Howard Leight's as well, awesome electronic ears. My problem with them is they get freakin hot shooting outdoors in the summer, so I might pick up Surefire EP4s.

·
Registered
479 Posts
unit44justin said:
Check out the Howard Leight Impact Sports, I really enjoy mine and a lot of people on here use them. For $50 they are awesome, and probably the "best bang for the buck".
+1 on the Howard Leight Impact Sports. Low profile. Relatively cheap for electronic ears ($30 on sale, normally $50ish). Works exactly the way you'd expect them to work. Very comfortable for me.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
SHOOTER13 said:
This is what I've been using for years...

http://www.surefire.com/ep4-sonic-defenders-plus.html

( my wife and daughter use the EP3's due to their smaller ear canals )
Thanks Shooter, i just ordered a set, for all the dollar here two dollars there the 20 and change will easily pay for itself quickly! Besides i hate mickey mouse ears! They just annoy me.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
mlawrence said:
I use these as well and they are great indoors and out. Truly magnificent engineering for such a simple and inexpensive product!
Awesome! Thanks!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I use nothing. Figure in life or death i wont have anything may as well be used to it. I dont shoot inside though
Oooo, I used to think just an occassianal shreek from an intake on the TA-4J I worked on wouldn't matter either. I now get used to saying,"HUH" quite frequently. But, to each his own.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I dont shoot enough to matter i dont think. I havent shot since.........November and that was like 50rnds
You work to much Nuk, get to the range:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.