Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • I have a Glock 45 9mm (new Gen 5 glock with basically a G19 slide)
  • I also have a Glock 19 gen 3.

Can I put my 45 slide on the gen 3, and my gen 3 slide on the 45?

Or is there a way to do this? I don't want to mess with it unless I know it can be done safely.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Or is there a way to do this? I don't want to mess with it unless I know it can be done safely.

Thanks!

·
Proponet of High Velocity
910 Posts

Thanks!
It is not recommended to so, because Glock didn't build it that way.
The G45 slide will go on it. I just put mine, on my G32 frame. But your 19 slide will not go onto the Gen5 frame, because the Gen5 slide plates have larger slots on the right side. Also, I can not and will not say it is safe to shoot.

32 upper on 45 frame
20191208_193811-1209x1612.jpg

45 upper on 32 frame
Screenshot_20191212-012051_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is not recommended to so, because Glock didn't build it that way.
The G45 slide will go on it. I just put mine, on my G32 frame. But your 19 slide will not go onto the Gen5 frame, because the Gen5 slide plates have larger slots on the right side. Also, I can not and will not say it is safe to shoot.

32 upper on 45 frame
View attachment 185567

45 upper on 32 frame
View attachment 185569
very interesting, thanks. If I wanted to put my 45 night sights on my 19 (stock sights), and vice versa that's something I can do on my own right, or do I need special equipment? I'm just starting to learn about modifying my own stuff, so any advice is welcomed.

·
Republic Of Texas & 50K Contest Winner Member
3,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Houstonian, well kinda

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Proponet of High Velocity
910 Posts
Thank you for the info and the safety disclaimer have you tried to shoot it yet overkill
I did try them, but that does not mean its correct ,or proper. The geometry of the trigger bars are different in relation to the drop safety's. Again, I do not reccomend this. Glock did not build them to be swappable. I'm just a redneck with A.D.D. So do so at YOUR OWN RISK!!

very interesting, thanks. If I wanted to put my 45 night sights on my 19 (stock sights), and vice versa that's something I can do on my own right, or do I need special equipment? I'm just starting to learn about modifying my own stuff, so any advice is welcomed.
The front sight, yes. Be sure to put blue Loctite on the tiny bolt. The rear sight on Glocks can be a real P.I.T.A. to change. The punch and hammer option is usually a way to lead to damage. Most shops will have the Glock rear sight tool, or at least a universal rear sight pusher. I very highly, reccomend you don't try to do it at home. Some people have reported sanding their rear sights to make it easier, but I never needed to. I always lightly oil them before pressing them in.

Here is the Glock rear sight tool that you need.
s-l640.jpg ST05161_Z.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts