Caliber Question.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by DevilDawg235, Apr 2, 2012.

1. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

I'm fairly new to Glocks and ever since I purchased my G19 I absolutely fell in love!

I chose .9mm for different reasons but lately I have been contemplating on a bigger caliber such as .40. After reading about changing barrels and that the G19 and G23 are compatible, I've decided why buy a whole different gun when I can just change the barrel. The day I came across that info, I failed to read it in details amd just now realized that is something I'm looking to do if possible. My question is the following:

Is my previous statement true about the G19 & G23 being compatible? If so, where would be the cheapest place to look for a barrel of that caliber? ( .40 )

I figured I can shoot the cheap .9mm ammo and still be able to carry a stronger round if needed.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Shoot Straight! :)

2. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

You can not shoot 40sw out of a G19 with a conversion barrel.

If you want to shoot both calibers, you will have to Buy a Glock 23(40sw) and buy a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm for the G23.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

3. DevilDawg235

DevilDawg235 New Member

Wow, thanks a lot brother. I kinda figured I would have to buy a 23 or 27.

4. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Well-Known Member

Yea man no problem. That's why everyone love the Glocks in 40sw, they're so versatile.

But don't think the 9mm isn't good enough for carry. Carry that G19 with confidence, I do!
    Get your self some good premium 9mm hollow points like PDX1 or Speer gold dot and you'll be set. Save up for that other Glock ;)

5. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Also, you cannot just change barrels from one gun to another. If you have a .40 caliber Glock, you MUST buy a conversion barrel.