Glock Firearms banner

161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Gunslinger
9,195 Posts
And we'll never have another chance to undo it!
So, what is your caliber preference? LOL. I am leaning toward 40 cal. Probably because I have a bunch of G22s and a G27. I also have a Star pistol chambered in 40 cal. I like 45 acp though (G21 and several 1911s) and have several 9mm pistols and a good supply of ammo for both. I recon there aren't many "bad" pistol calibers. I stay away from 380 acp and 9X18, there just isn't enough power there. 22LR is to be used when you run out of everything else. 9mm is good range ammo. I use 40 cal and 45 acp for Car/HD. My G27 is my CCW.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
So, what is your caliber preference? LOL. I am leaning toward 40 cal. Probably because I have a bunch of G22s and a G27. I also have a Star pistol chambered in 40 cal. I like 45 acp though (G21 and several 1911s) and have several 9mm pistols and a good supply of ammo for both. I recon there aren't many "bad" pistol calibers. I stay away from 380 acp and 9X18, there just isn't enough power there. 22LR is to be used when you run out of everything else. 9mm is good range ammo. I use 40 cal and 45 acp for SD/HD. My G27 is my CCW.
357Sig is my favorite with 9mm for back up.

·
Gunslinger
9,195 Posts
357Sig is my favorite with 9mm for back up.
I like the idea of 357Sig. I just find the ammo to be too scarce and too expensive. Probably great for SD but not so good for SHTF.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I’m mostly invested in handguns chambered in 9mm. The only pistol I own outside of 9mm is my PPQ in .45, which I really like. However, my next choice may be a VP9 in .40, simply to own all three of the ‘major’ handgun calibers.

·
Gunslinger
9,195 Posts
I’m mostly invested in handguns chambered in 9mm. The only pistol I own outside of 9mm is my PPQ in .45, which I really like. However, my next choice may be a VP9 in .40, simply to own all three of the ‘major’ handgun calibers.
It is good to have all three covered. In a crisis who knows what ammo will be available. You can probably count on the 9mm. The 45acp and 40 S&W are iffy. If it ever comes down to using fmj for defense I want the biggest bullet I can get. LOL.

Reactions: PaPow

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
It is good to have all three covered. In a crisis who knows what ammo will be available. You can probably count on the 9mm. The 45acp and 40 S&W are iffy. If it ever comes down to using fmj for defense I want the biggest bullet I can get. LOL.
Yes, not a bad idea to add a 3rd caliber.
I have 9mm and 357 Magnum/38 Special. Both are hard to find now.

·
Gunslinger
9,195 Posts
Just about everything is hard to find now. There is some 9mm available but at ridiculous prices.

·
Registered
100 Posts
10mm is everywhere at my local gun shops. 9mm periodically shows up, limit 1 box, gone next day. 10mm as much as I want.

357 sig actually sold out before 10mm which surprised me.

40 is pretty commonly on the shelf as well.

No 9mm, 45, and 38 and 357 are usually gone as well.

Interestingly 5.7 was actually sitting at my local cabelas for months. Was going to get a five seven, went to cabelas first to make sure I could get some ammo, and its gone. Haven’t seen 5.7 in months now. Lol. Local gun stores pulled their ps90’s and five sevens, and said they’ve not gotten a single round of it and have been trying for quite a while.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,854 Posts
Visited 4 gun & ammo stores today. Everyone of them had plenty of .17WSM.
2 had 450 Bushmaster.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
10mm is everywhere at my local gun shops.

40 is pretty commonly on the shelf as well.
At what price?
I can find ammo, but will not pay today’s absurd prices.
One gun store in the area has boxes and boxes of .223, but at $699 for a 1000 rounds. No thanks.
I have bought my ammo throughout the years, so I am good for a while.

·
Registered
100 Posts
At what price?
I can find ammo, but will not pay today’s absurd prices.
One gun store in the area has boxes and boxes of .223, but at $699 for a 1000 rounds. No thanks.
I have bought my ammo throughout the years, so I am good for a while.
It’s stayed the same price as it’s always been in my area. $18-25 a box. $25 for the Sig ammo, 18-20 for mag tech or S&B.

Excluding the Sig ammo, for my local stores, it’s the same or cheaper than 9mm, and cheaper than 45.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts