Buying the Mrs. her first glock today!

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by LaiePoi, Jan 27, 2012.

1. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

I'm thinking the glock 26 gen 4 will be perfect for her. She loves our xdm 9mm 4.5 but can't rack the slide to save her life and I almost bought her the Walther PK380 because that slide is redic light but reliability is nowhere near the glock (obviously!). We rented the 380 at the range and had 2 FTF (1 FMJ & 1 HP) plus we shot horrid with it. I know the pk380 is a popular gun but has a lot of known reliability issues with it as well so I'm not really comfortable with having it as her self defense weapon. Nothing worse then a gun jamming when you need it! So I'm now looking to the G26 or even possibly the G19. My wife is very petite (5'3" 107lbs) and doesn't like a whole lot of recoil. She's ok with the xdm 9mm 4.5 but prob won't take to liking the G26 if it's has noticably more than that...at least not initially. That's my only concern. I'm just hoping that there's not a noticible difference in recoil between the two although I think there will be, at least slightly knowing the G26 is considerably smaller. As far as the recoil spring weight and her ability to rack the slide...I know I can always install a 14lb spring to reduce it from the 16lb factory weight assuming she has the same difficulty as with the xdm's 18lb spring. Anybody know any good techniques or tricks for people who have a hard time with that? I saw this http://www.amazon.com/Glock-Tactical-Charging-Handle-Assist/dp/B0052OOQJK as a possible solution but would rather get that as a last resort. Also how is the G26 accuracy within 10 yards? Saw some YouTube vids and looked pretty good for a shorter barrel type pistol but would like to know from anyone with first hand experience. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

The are very accurate on 10yds. The G26 is a great gun, there will be a bit more recoil. If she likes the 4.5 XDM, have you thought about a Glock 19? They might be a bit more comparable in size.

3. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Yeah I am thinking its gonna be between those two. Her fingers are skinny (ring size 4.5) so one of the two should suit her well. She can almost fit both hands (one on top the other) with the full size xdm (no she does not shoot that way haha). Just gonna let her grab hold of both of them and just see what she likes better

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum LaiePoi !!

5. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Thank you!

6. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Here it is! Got the 33 rnd ext mag for the range...or war! Lol and TruGlo TFO Night Sights

Attached Files:

7. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Awesome pick. Enjoy & be safe!

8. knuck

knuck New Member

I'm eye'in that Root Beer...:D