Buying Steel Targets

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by JeffersonSixx, Apr 23, 2012.

1. JeffersonSixx

JeffersonSixx New Member

I have got some land that I'd like to put a few steel targets on ... a few distances - but I really don't what to mess with paper - just the sound of the 'ping' will be fine.

Does anyone know of a good website to buy steel targets from?

Also, got any tips for setup (mounting, distance, etc)?

Many thanks!

2. DaSkunk

DaSkunk New Member

12 or 11 yards is as close as I'll let anyone get. Make them reactive nothing sold mounted and angled down slightly. This will help reduce ricochets. Also what's behind your range is important.

3. i could have sworn i saw someone selling them in their signature, now i cannot find it

4. Yea i think the thread was cheap targets. The guys buddy was selling for 120 not including shipping.

5. Oddball Gunner

Oddball Gunner New Member

Try Quality Targets.
    I'm not familiar with this company but intend to buy from them in the near future.
    They seem to have fair prices compared to other ones I've seen on the web and they have a good variety of targets.

6. Just go to a scrap yard or something and buy some metal and hang them.

7. JeffersonSixx

JeffersonSixx New Member

You guys are cool - thanks for the quick replies & info! I figured if anyone would know about ranges & targets, it would you guys ...

8. Old car doors from the junkyard work great!!! My buddy has a junk yard and we do tactical training with dummies in the seats and what not... good stuff... you certainly learn the importance of communication quickly.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012