Buying from Gun Broker. Com???

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Chicagobears4life, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Chicagobears4life

Chicagobears4life New Member

Just wondering if anyone has bought a gun off gunbroker.com and if it was a pain in the butt to do and legit?? I'm always on there comparing prices and models. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

2. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

It can be. Watch the sellers feedback and make sure you ask as many questions as it takes for you to be comfortable with the transaction before commenting. If something don't feel right, don't do it. Also, check with dealers in your area so you know what transfers they will accept and how much they charge, some good deals on there aren't so good after paying transfer fees and shipping.

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I've purchased several guns on Gunbroker. I've only had 1 issue and it was UPS's fault, not the seller's. They lost the gun. They found it but it was damaged. They ultimately refunded 1/3 of what I paid, which the seller passed on to me as I took the gun anyway. The damage was so minor it didn't matter.

Besides watching feedback and asking questions, and knowing what you'll be paying in transfer fees, be sure that you know what the gun sells for locally. To me, if the price difference is $25 or less, it's not worth going through Gunbroker. Sometimes, though, especially with a used gun, you can get a really good deal. Other times you might find something on GB that you can't find locally. Of all the guns I've gotten on there, I've yet to pay even close to retail.

4. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

I only bought my G21SF w/ Picatinny in Gunbroker from a private seller. Its impossible to find that kind of model in a local gunstore. Its just like any other auction website, just buy from those with a lot of positive feedbacks. The more + feedbacks he has, the more reliable he is. But consider the difference (shipping + FFL fees) if its worth buying than locally.

5. Shaun Kim

Shaun Kim New Member

I've purchased several guns from gunbroker. My latest was a Gen3 glock 27 for $485 with S&H $15. Great source to purchase guns. Just shop around first and compare.

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I've bought and sold alot on GB. If you have a nearby FFL that doesn't mind making a reasonable fee on the transfer its not a pain at all. Feedback is obviously important to check, read description and return policy closely, and make sure there are good pictures.

7. shiflet

shiflet New Member

Why exactly is an ffl fee and when does that apply to a buyer?

8. bhale187

When you buy a firearm online you have to have it shipped to an FFL. In general FFLs will not do that for free, in fact, some will not do it at all.

9. shiflet

shiflet New Member

What is a general cost on an ffl for a handgun? What kind of shipping fees can be expected?

10. bhale187

Shipping fees vary greatly, try to find a fixed shipping price or get a quote. If an individual ships a handgun they have to use overnight UPS, FEDEX, etc. that means $60+ for shipping. If its an FFL dealer shipping it they can use USPS and that can drop your shipping to under $20

FFL fees vary greatly too, there are a couple around me that will do it for $20, but there are a couple others who want up to $50

11. shiflet

shiflet New Member

@bhale thanks for the info now I kinda know what to expect!