Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have been looking for this answer all night and can't find a clear one. Can I as a Ohio resident go to a gun shop in Kentucky and buy a rifle a bring it home with me? I appreciate any help/answers!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I think you have to be a resident for at least 6 months in order to purchase a firearm in Kentucky

·
Registered
35 Posts
I remember reading this yesterday at the range. If I remember correctly you can purchase rifles but not handguns.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I live in Kentucky. I'll contact my LGS tmro and ask for ya. I know handguns are a no go but rifles might be different

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
So according to buds long guns are good. So you should be able to buy that rifle

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You can take a long gun home but not a handgun. Have bought rifles at a couple of places in KY but had to have handguns shipped to FFL in WV

·
Registered
431 Posts
G17_Ian said:
An AK 47... Really got the itch for one!
I'm from Kentucky and when I moved out of state and got a Las Vegas drivers license I had to use my uncle (Ky resident) to use his ID to buy 2 x AK-47s I got from a pawn shop when I went back to visit. We then did a bill of sale to make it legal. Everyone should have an AK!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts