Buying a gun from a friend!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by inkedfireman, Feb 23, 2012.

1. inkedfireman

inkedfireman New Member

In North Carolina, how do i switch a gun from a friends gun into my name! Any help would be great! Thanks!

2. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Just picked up a GEN 3 23 today from a friend. I live in Kansas & all we do is a verbal agreement on the sale and thats it. If you wanted you could go online an print out a Firearm bill of sale it has all of the info such as the SN make model price you paid who was involved in the sale Ect.. Here is my newest member to my family & her sisters!

Attached Files:

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I love it when people actually post the law for others!!! Really helpful.

In AZ there is no regulation in private sales except you have to be 18 for modern firearms, antiques, as declared by federal law, have no age limit, bought my first muzzle loader when I was 12, and a Philadelphia derringer when I was 16. Have to be 18 to buy black powder though..,

5. I love it when people post information regarding the process in the state in which they live even though that information is completely irrelevant to the original post. That, too, is really helpful.

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Everyone who owns a gun should try to familiarize themselves with each states laws.