Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking to buy a 22 pistol of some type to allow more range time at a reasonable cost. I was looking at the Advantage arms conversion kit for my G17. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it any good? I can buy a separate pistol for roughly the same cost and was looking for opinions on which would be a good way to go?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
If you can buy a good .22 pistol instead of a conversion kit...I say go with the pistol.

Shooter sez: 2 guns are always better than 1...;)

( Unless, of course, you want to practice more with the G17...for cheap )

·
Registered
285 Posts
Go for a 22 pistol. For $300 you can get a Ruger sr22. Which is awesome and reliable with bulk ammo! Most conversion kits or 22 pistol for that matter are picky. So check the sr22 out

·
Registered
402 Posts
Got a conversion unit for my 1911 many years back when they weren't cost prohibitive. Biggest advantage is the unit allows you to train with that particular platform. I could shoot economically all day and stay familiar with my 1911's. The only difference is the .22lr doesn't make as loud a bang.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Got a conversion unit for my 1911 many years back when they weren't cost prohibitive. Biggest advantage is the unit allows you to train with that particular platform. I could shoot economically all day and stay familiar with my 1911's. The only difference is the .22lr doesn't make as loud a bang.
+1. Advantage is training with the same gun. Advantage of getting .22 pistol is having another pistol :D. I have a couple of .22 pistols and really like the S&W 22A. About $250, accurate, easy to take down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts