Buy new sights? Glock 19G4

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Ammo_Rat, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Ammo_Rat

Ammo_Rat New Member

What's good! my first post. I'm a beginner, only shooting a few months with my Glock 19 G4. From 10-20 yards most of my misses is left of the target.

I'm right eye dominate and I shoot with both eyes open. Should I work on my technique or buy new sights that I can adjust?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome AMMO_ Rat, Enjoy the forum! I would say first work on technique, something you shouls always do. Buying new sights is great if you aren't happy with the factory sights but I don't think that is the problem. I know somewhere in this thread we have a chart that tells what you are doing wrong for your misses . If you get the time take a look, or someone will come along and post it again soon enough. Enjoy!

3. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

Keep practicing. How many rounds have you fired through it? How long have you been hand gunning? Glocks do take some time to learn to shoot well, and the trigger pull. Learn to shoot from the reset. Common problem is shooting left from the trigger squeeze, it's a natural hand movement when you squeeze/pull your index finger. If you search the forum, you can find an indexed diagram of shooting techniques and causes by shot placement. Hope this helps and get a bunch of target ammo (bulk) It'll be cheaper with the amount of practice you'll be doing, trust me.

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Here ya go, This will tell you what you are doing for your misses.

5. Ammo_Rat

Ammo_Rat New Member

I've been shooting for about 2 months. Maybe around 800 rounds...

I'll try another search. Thanks for the quick response!

6. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Ammo_Rat! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

7. Try shooting at 5-7 yards to get on target.

Also, and most important, when shooting a Glock and most shots are predominately left (like yours are), get more finger on the trigger! This is common problem for many Glock shooters,

8. Ammo_Rat

Ammo_Rat New Member

Update. Results were better with more finger on the trigger. Now just practice, practice....practice. Thanks for all the help!