Burglary

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jimmyalbrecht, Jun 8, 2012.

1. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Woke up this morning to find that someone had broken into our church. They broke into 4 offices, including mine, stealing all of the computers (3 laptops, and my Mac). They also stole over $500 in cash and our credit cards. I walked through with the officers, and there were no indications they used gloves, but no fingerprints either.

The good news is, one of the officers informed me that I am within my rights to carry at church as long as there is no assembly (service or event). So that means I am able to carry to work there or when setting up at night.

2. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Years ago, that would be unheard of. Not these days, I guess.

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Jimmy I am so sad to hear this. Some people have no respect for anything. I'm glad to hear that you will be able to carry while you are working. Hopefully next year the law about church carry in GA will get changed and everyone can all the time if they choose to. Also, glad no one was there and was hurt in the break in.

4. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

That's heartbreaking. Safe haven no more. We've got to lock up Jesus for fear that someone will take him. I guess they needed him more than we did, in that case.

5. jimmyalbrecht

I'm not so worried about the stuff that was taken; that crap can be replaced. I'm just amazed at people. I usually go up I there every night to check up on things, but I didn't last night. It is good for the burglars that I didn't.

6. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

That is an all time low for a person to break into a CHURCH! Sadly I hear about it too often. I agree with GAgal that people do not have respect for anything.

7. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I worked security for one of the biggest churches in the country... this type of stuff, unfortunately, is very common. We have had crazy stuff happen, not just robberies. Its sad how low people have gotten to steal from a church...

8. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Sorry to hear that Jimmy. If you had tracking software in the Mac, MobileMe, or IClould enabled, the Mac could be tracked if it's logged on to an unlocked IP.

You might hit the local swapmeets this weekend, thieves are just about that stupid.

Hope you sort it out to a good outcome.

9. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Stealing from a church or carrying a firearm to it?

10. havasu

Both!...........

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Man!! Ain't that the truth!!

12. jimmyalbrecht

It's sad that I even have to consider it.

13. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

It sure is, I go to a fairly large church and our pastor has volunteer Sheriff's with him at every service! Plainclothes,armed! Just in case. Unbeliveable!

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Can't tell about our security secrets, but rest assured, we got it covered... my guess... At least 20 G27/23s on site...

15. havasu

Please tell me more about the security secrets. It will be between you and me, I promise! ;)

16. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Glock is the only trusted weapon, that i can tell you and .40 is the smallest caliber… besides my bb gun for balloons…:D:D:D

Two uniformed officers, two uniformed security guards, lots of ushers…. USHERS….

17. bfish

bfish Member

This is sad. Why is it that you can not carry when an assembly or event is going on? My pastor preaches with a gun on him every Sunday morning:)

18. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Start jotting down serial numbers of anything you got left.

I keep a million CP 12 volt light in my truck. Bought for when I was doing Mobil Patrol on the third herd at the prison.

When someone asks me or tells me they're going to out of town, I'll usually drive by before or on the way to work and light up the house. On my days off, I'll drive right up the driveway.

Buddy came home one time and told me someone had broke through his outer back door and had started on the inner but left.

Like to think I had something to do with that.

19. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

Few years ago somebody stole a bunch of the copper gutters off a 120+ yr old church here in Ft. Wayne. Yep no respect.

20. bfish

bfish Member

Ft. Wayne Indiana?