Bulk ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by AF1Sgt, May 21, 2012.

1. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

Hey all, where's the best and cheapest place to buy ammo by the bulk?

2. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

A gun show.

3. Joer

Joer New Member

Here's a site that I heard about, they folks that told me about it said the shipping wasn't terrible either. My question on any of these bulk ammo sources is, are they Glock friendly or a bad idea? Any feedback appreciated, ammo is never going to go down in price and I have thought about stocking up but don't want to get stuck with something that won't work in a Glock. My rookie idea is that Glocks are so sturdy and tough that they could eat any round you put it in it. Sure is hard being a rookie....

http://georgia-arms.com/40sandw.aspx

4. Flairsr

Flairsr New Member

I've shot the cheapest Russian, Czech, Canadian whatever ammo through all my Glocks with no issues. Glocks will eat anything!!!!

5. ADulay

ADulay New Member

I've run ammo from Georgia-Arms in both my Glocks (over 5000 rounds through each so far) with nary a problem.

When I order, I ALWAYS order enough to get the free shipping.

This makes the ammo cheaper than Wal-Mart or any of the catalogs that show up in the mail almost on a daily basis with all kinds of ammo "sales" that are always more expensive than Georgia-Arms.

I am not in business with them, I just buy a LOT of their ammo!

AD (and so does my neighbor shooting a Walther PPQ in 9mm)

6. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

how much is needed for free shipping?

7. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I just looked at the G-A site. The 9mm goes for $23.50 for 100. Same price as WWB 100 at Wally World. When you can find it.

8. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

Thanks for all the sites and recommendations y'all.

9. ADulay

ADulay New Member

Nope.

Buy enough for the free shipping and it's cheaper. No tax, of course.

And it gets delivered right to your door by a friendly guy in a brown uniform who states, every time he delivers an order...

"Andy, I've marked your house as DO NOT ROB!"

AD

10. Yo 1Sgt,

Ignore the flack. There is a point to be made about searching for questions and answers already asked, but this is a shooting forum and what the heck is wrong with your question? Nada!

Anyway, I like freedommunitions.com and luckygunner.com best. Lots of folks like sgammo and ammoman too. I used to shoot BVAC from cheaperthandirt.com until I had a kaboom in my G23. Full disclosure, I shot several thousand rounds of BVAC in both 9mm and 40 before having one issue, but it was a biggie.

11. wrpNYFL

Good point about the tax and the DO NOT ROB...

12. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

I cleaned up this thread.

If you don't want to help them then don't.

If it's a duplicate flag it and we can merge the threads or lock it and point the user in the right direction.

13. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

Good site Buzz, thanks!

14. wrpNYFL

Just ordered 1000 S&B from Bulkammo.com . With shipping, still a little less than WWB 100 pack from Wally World. Thanks for the push, Andy...

15. AF1Sgt

AF1Sgt New Member

I'm ordering the same today guys, thanks for the link!

16. wrpNYFL

I think they're out. I looked tonight and couldn't find it. It was $209 for 1,000 before shipping, which was $17 and change for FedEx home. 9mm btw... They have .45 ACP $335/1,000...

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  17. Luckygunner.com has great service and fast shipping. This is great target ammo and new brass, not reloads. It's as good as SB and for 124 grain bullets

http://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-124-gr-fmj-blazer-brass-1000-rounds

18. wrpNYFL