Bulk ammo preferences for wife's G-43 practice

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by rickycjc, Dec 6, 2017.

1. rickycjc

rickycjc New Member

Have decided on G-43 for wife who has never shot pistols. Am open to suggestions for brand/weight for bulk 9mm for her to practice with. Can't see using Gold Dot or Saber until proficient.

I have never shot 9mm so appreciate all help.

Thanks - Rick

2. sconnie

sconnie Member

Big fan of freedom munitions 115gr loads. Have shot thousands of them, new and reman. But dinout a few boxes of the ammo that will be used for PD through to make sure that the 43 likes it.

3. sconnie

sconnie Member

Big fan of freedom munitions 115gr loads. Have shot thousands of them, new and reman. But dinout a few boxes of the ammo that will be used for PD through to make sure that the 43 likes it.

4. sconnie

sconnie Member

Big fan of freedom munitions 115gr loads. Have shot thousands of them, new and reman. But do put a few boxes of the ammo that will be used for PD through to make sure that the 43 likes it.

5. Southlake

Southlake Good Guy with a Glock Lifetime Supporting Member

I 2nd Freedom Munitions 115grain new. I have been using it for years. On checkout, put MAC in the area for discount code and get 6% off. Over $150 usually gets free shipping.

6. Southlake

Now, as far as your choice for your wife's first gun, the glock 43 is not a comfortable shooter. I had my wife shoot a Glock 17 to start. After she was comfortable with noise and recoil, then gradually reduce to G19 then G26 then finally, maybe G43. All can be rented at most ranges. I realize the G43 is comfortable to carry but baby steps.

7. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight Well-Known Member

Speer makes the "Lawman" round which is good for practice as they load them equal power to their hollow points, so that way, she'll experience / learn to handle that amount of force in practice

MtnCCW and GARRIGA like this.
  8. GARRIGA

GARRIGA Well-Known Member

That’s what I will be getting for my G43 and what I use for my 45 ACP pistols. In addition to the above. It’s total jacket so less fouling and cleaning plus if you go indoor range the Cleanfire is just overall better for the shooter. Less harmful crap to breath in.

9. rickycjc

rickycjc New Member

Thanks - I was set on the 26 but she likes the 43 weight for carry. What ammo weight gives the less recoil - 115, 127, 147?

10. Southlake

The heavier the bullet the greater the recoil, physics rules.

11. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

12. BlackGuns4Fun

BlackGuns4Fun Member Supporter

True, IF, velocity is held constant. Though ammo is usually loaded so that heavier bullets don't quite reach the same velocities as lighter ones. So it is quite possible that you will experience less felt recoil from a 147 grain bullet than a 115 grain bullet.

Power Factor is a good relative comparison of felt recoil. The higher the PF the higher the felt recoil.