Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hey, question: why is there an assembled upper and a partially assembled upper (with sight tower) in the both pics?

Cannibalizing parts ?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks iGlock, the only down side to finishing it at 10:00 is I can't really go shoot it yet!!! And that is killing me!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happysniper1 said:
Hey, question: why is there an assembled upper and a partially assembled upper (with sight tower) in the both pics?

Cannibalizing parts ?
The one with the sight tower is some parts my father in law has. He is a gunsmith/ Glock armourer. He is cannibalizing parts!!:)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would imagine the stable is going grow!! Too much fun, I really enjoyed putting it together! Glad I didn't just buy one that was already built. It was way easier to do than I expected!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya we discussed some of that tonight. He is putting a couple together and will be doing that to them. Im going to get my first lessons on it.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Good for you!

Your father-in-law will definitely be a better teacher than my weapons instructor when I had to learn how! Boy, that guy had aspirations of becoming Lee Ermey! My blood still comes to a quick boil when I think of him....no fondness there! :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I think your rear sight is on backwards, and your front sight is siting below plain with the rear sight. Could be wrong, but it looks that way to me in your pic

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bhale187 said:
I think your rear sight is on backwards, and your front sight is siting below plain with the rear sight. Could be wrong, but it looks that way to me in your pic
Yes it was in that picture, good eyes!! And the front rail does seem to be lower than the rear. But the sights seem to line up good, just looking down them. I have not got to send any lead down range yet to see how far its off in accuracy!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Looks good so far! Send us all a range report!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks KeenansGarage! Will report back on how it runs soon!! P.S. nice avatar pic, im a 10 year MOPAR Tech.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Yes it was in that picture, good eyes!! And the front rail does seem to be lower than the rear. But the sights seem to line up good, just looking down them. I have not got to send any lead down range yet to see how far its off in accuracy!
I thought those were magpul BUIS, if so it will be way off, you'll be shooting about an inch high.

Magpul BUIS are supposed to be mounted on a rail instead of a gasblock. 2 reasons for that....1) a standard gasblock can get hot enough to melt the mount side of the sight, 2) they are much shorter than the sights designed to go on a 'standard' gasblock.

If you want to use the magpul BIUS up front you'll have to get a 'rail height' or 'receiver height' railed gas block. They are out there, but not many companies make them. The cheapest I know of is midwest industries at about $60 I think.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Sorry, not trying to be a buzz kill.

I did the exact same thing the first time I built an AR for optics and used the magpuls, don't get discouraged, we all make little mistakes when taking on new projects. It's an easy fix, so don't sweat it, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the issue.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry, not trying to be a buzz kill.

I did the exact same thing the first time I built an AR for optics and used the magpuls, don't get discouraged, we all make little mistakes when taking on new projects. It's an easy fix, so don't sweat it, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the issue.
Thanks for the advice!! Glad you caught it before I went and melted the front one off! Might be easier to just swap out the front stock to a railed style that is the same height as the rear! Do you think that would correct the difference in height?:)

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Thanks for the advice!! Glad you caught it before I went and melted the front one off! Might be easier to just swap out the front stock to a railed style that is the same height as the rear! Do you think that would correct the difference in height?:)
Yep, that would fix it.

You've got several options to fix it
1 New front sight
2 quad rail and keep the sight you have
3 new gasblock and keep the sight you have(the taller ones supposedly don't get as hot)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts