Breaking the law!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by runman, May 24, 2012.

1. runman

runman New Member

Got pulled over by a NV state trooper today, first time in over 20 years! Cruising down the highway and had no idea what I did. Reason = my front window tint is too dark! So me and probably 50% of the other cars on the road are offenders, but it was my day. He grabbed another car right after me for what looked like the same thing. Anything I can do to work around this, or am I stuck getting it removed? Hate to change the look of my car, but want to remain a law abiding citizen.

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Not much you can do but go with a lighter tint

3. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Move to Oklahoma and then you won't have to worry about it.

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I'm guessing front windshield. Some states allow it. Most states have tint limits on rest of the windows.

5. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

5% tint is illeagal here, it's a huggggeeee fine :(.

6. runman

runman New Member

I don't have tint on the windshield, but tint on the front windows can only be 28% and I'm at 10% according to the machine used to check it. Tint on the back can be as dark as you want it as long as you have two mirrors. I assume it's looked at a a hazard because it's harder to see through. At least it's not a fine as long as remove it.

7. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I got a tint fine a few years back ( $125 ) I paid it ( kept my tint ) and am just careful not to get pulled over anymore!! ( My tint was limo-tint on the passenger and back windows ) my car would be an OVEN if I ever took it off, as my car is mostly windows !!

8. runman

runman New Member

Yea, know what you mean it gets hot here. Appears the only reason I got pulled over was the tint so hard to try to avoid. It was on my way to work so I pass this same officer often.

9. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Other than factory tint, your not even allowed to tint the wihshield in NY, shocker, you can't do something in NY.

10. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

There are laws on the books here . Rarely enforced .I have all my windows done darker than legal and my entire windshield don which is illegal lol. Only time I was ever stopped for it was in Georgia on vacation lol...

11. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Man when I lived in Orlando they used to get me ALL... The time

12. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

The tint laws started because of law enforcement shootings, at least in FL. Too dark, can't see inside and the bad guys ambush you. We just made people get out of their car, but there's always debate about which is safer, having the driver/passengers get out or to approach.

Generally, if your car is old enough or you can prove the tint was applied before the law went into affect, you're grandfathered in. Of course, tint doesn't usually last all that long before it has to be reapplied.

Tint shops that apply tint at illegal levels, when they know better, should be the ones paying the fine.