Featured Breaking News

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by Southlake, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

If Sig comes out with a 365 stand alone fcu, I’ll be a buyer.

Lucian_253 likes this.
  2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Viridian Introduces World’s First Hand Stop Laser
    August 3rd, 2020
    MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – August 1, 2020 – After six decades, the AR-15 is still America’s rifle. The platform’s popularity stems from its speed and ergonomics. Now the venerable rifle design is poised to be even faster and easier to control thanks to Viridian Weapon Technologies’ HS1™, the first and only hand stop with an integrated laser sighting device.

[​IMG]

“The HS1 combines the functionality of an AR hand stop with the rapid target acquisition provided by a Viridian green laser,” said Brian Hedeen, President and CEO at Viridian. “The combination makes for a much more ergonomic rifle and cuts down on the attachments that add bulk to a gun’s foregrip.”

Viridian’s new hand stop offers increased control and faster target acquisition with a highly visible green laser that’s intuitively activated by the grip of the shooter’s support hand.

The HS1 uses M-Lok mounts to make installation easy. The laser is adjustable for windage and elevation. The HS1’s pressure pad activates the laser with a variety of support-hand grips, adding an added element of control and speeding up time to target.

This combination of speed and control makes the HS1 an ideal addition to any AR. MSRP for the Viridian HS1 is $179.

Features:
    • M-Lok Mounts
    • Pressure Pad Activation
    • Daytime-visible Green Laser
    • Ergonomic Design for Pistols and Rifles
    • Single 1/3n battery
    • Adjustable for Windage and Elevation

More information about the Viridian HS1 can be found at viridianweapontech.com/hs1.

eltell, Sparky_D, j102 and 2 others like this.

3. Danzig

Texas
    If Glock has a carbine the time was now.

Sao Paulo Police Select the Steyr AUG SMG in .40 Caliber

[​IMG]
    Brazil’s Military Police of São Paulo State (PMESP) have selected the Steyr AUG in its submachine gun configuration to fulfil an order for 1,000 submachine guns. The Steyr AUG A3 in submachine gun configuration, feeding from a .40 caliber extended Glock magazines was the winning bidder for the contract. The Steyr beat out competition from B&T and Shield Arms. In the negotiation phase, Steyr offered the lowest final bid, $2,580 per weapon.

tender issued in November 2019 as well, whether the contracts are separate or cover the same requirement is unclear. The PMESP currently use various patterns of HK MP5s, the Beretta M12 and the FAMAE SAF.

[​IMG]
    The Steyr AUG A3 in SMG configuration, feeding from a .40 caliber extended Glock magazine (Steyr)

Southlake likes this.
  4. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

One of those why didn’t I think of that ideas, lol!!

wrpNYFL, Danzig and Sparky_D like this.
  5. Danzig

Texas
    6FADF3EB-802F-42F9-87FF-1B029732BE88.jpeg
    New York Attorney General Letitia James has filed a lawsuit seeking to dissolve the National Rifle Association, alleging that insiders violated the state’s nonprofit laws by illegally diverting tens of millions of dollars from the group through excessive expenses and contracts that benefited relatives or close associates.

The extraordinary move against the nation’s largest gun-rights group comes after an 18-month investigation by Ms. James. As a nonprofit registered in New York since its founding in 1871, the NRA is regulated by the attorney general’s office.

The suit alleges that longtime CEO Wayne LaPierre and three other top officials “instituted a culture of self-dealing, mismanagement, and negligent oversight at the NRA,” failed to properly manage the organization’s money and violated numerous state and federal laws, according to a news release announcing the complaint.

READ THE LAWSUITS

N.Y. Attorney General Suit Against N.R.A

NRA Request for Injunction

The NRA quickly responded by filing a lawsuit in New York state court seeking an injunction against Ms. James, claiming she was targeting the organization for political reasons.

“This was a baseless, premeditated attack on our organization and the Second Amendment freedoms it fights to defend,” said NRA President Carolyn Meadows in a statement.

She called the New York lawsuit “a transparent attempt to score political points and attack the leading voice in opposition to the leftist agenda. This has been a power grab by a political opportunist—a desperate move that is part of a rank political vendetta.”

Among the allegations in the attorney general’s suit against the 70-year-old Mr. LaPierre, a national figure who has run the NRA for three decades: That he spent $3.6 million of NRA funds over the last two years on unwarranted travel consultants, flew family members on NRA-paid private jets when he wasn’t aboard and secured a $17 million post-employment contract for himself without board approval.

He also allegedly took eight trips to the Bahamas by private air charter, costing the NRA more than $500,000, according to the press release. Once there, he allegedly often was given the use of a 107-foot yacht owned by an NRA vendor, the release said.

“The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets,” Ms. James said in the press release. “The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law.”

The NRA has strongly defended its governance practices in previous interviews with The Wall Street Journal. NRA attorney William A. Brewer III, at the time the attorney general’s investigation became public in April 2019, said the group “has full confidence in its accounting practices and commitment to good governance.”

In the lawsuit, the attorney general’s office is seeking restitution from the individual defendants, removal of Mr. LaPierre and the group’s general counsel from their positions, and to have the defendants barred from ever serving again as directors of a New York-registered charity.

Thursday’s legal action by a Democratic attorney general against a leading conservative organization, amid a heated election season, undoubtedly will spark a partisan uproar.

President Trump criticized the lawsuit, calling it a “terrible thing” while departing the White House Thursday for a trip to Ohio. “I think the NRA should move to Texas and lead a very good and beautiful life,” he said.

As a nonprofit, the NRA is required to use its money in a way that serves its members’ interest and advances its social-welfare mission.

It is rare for a New York attorney general to attempt to dissolve a major charity. The office has closed down a half-dozen smaller charities in recent years, including the Trump Foundation, which dissolved after settling with Ms. James over misspending allegations. Mr. Trump acknowledged some of the allegations but called the case “politically motivated harassment.”

One major case occurred in the 1940s, the attorney general’s office said, when the state dissolved the local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan.

Leaked Letters Reveal Details of NRA Chief’s Alleged Spending

Private Jets Ferried Relatives of NRA Chief Executive

NRA Board Retroactively Approved Transactions Benefiting Insiders

NRA Ad Firm Seeks to End Contract With Gun Group

Nonprofit legal experts previously had speculated that Ms. James would seek changes to the NRA after her investigation, rather than dissolve it, because the group could reconstitute itself in some friendlier state. Also, some warned that moving to dissolve the NRA could spark a tit-for-tat war, with conservative states taking similar actions against liberal nonprofits.

Separately, the Washington, D.C., attorney general on Thursday sued the NRA and the NRA Foundation, alleging the organizations misused Foundation funds for noncharitable purposes. The NRA Foundation, which is a related 501(c)3 charity, is regulated by that attorney general’s office. The suit seeks return of NRA Foundation funds allegedly wasted on the NRA and a court order to ensure the foundation is operated independently.

The NRA has been racked since early last year by internal turmoil over allegations of financial improprieties. Following what he claimed was a coup attempt, Mr. LaPierre elbowed out several top officials, including former NRA President Oliver North and the organization’s former No. 2 executive. Both men denied any coup attempt.

The Journal previously reported on questionable practices at the NRA, including more than $540,000 in travel and wardrobe expenses for Mr. LaPierre billed to a vendor, his use of private jets to ferry family members, and belated board approval of numerous financial dealings with board members.

The NRA has said the expenses had business justifications and, before approving them, that the board confirmed the financial dealings were at fair market value and in the best interests of the organization.

The attorney general’s investigation found a host of alleged new issues that hadn’t been publicly reported.

Mr. LaPierre, the attorney general’s office alleged, spent several million dollars annually in NRA funds on security for himself and his family without sufficient oversight and received more than $1.2 million in expense reimbursements over four years for items including gifts for friends and golf membership fees.

Mr. LaPierre “exploited the organization for his and his family’s financial benefit, and the benefit of a close circle of NRA staff, board members, and vendors,” the attorney general’s office said.

The practice didn’t comply with Internal Revenue Service requirements, so the expenses should have been included as taxable income for Mr. LaPierre and other recipients, the attorney general’s office said.

Many questionable expenses allegedly were concealed by routing them through the NRA’s longtime ad agency, Ackerman McQueen, the Journal previously reported. The agency would pay for expenses that were largely personal in nature for Mr. LaPierre and other top officials, including private jet travel and fancy meals, then bill them to the NRA in a lump sum amount with no details, the attorney general’s office says.

The NRA and Ackerman McQueen parted ways last year and are embroiled in numerous lawsuits. Ackerman has said it was told by Mr. LaPierre that the invoicing practices were needed for security and discretion reasons.

The NRA’s audit committee was supposed to oversee the group’s finances, Ms. James’ office said, but routinely approved related-party contracts after the fact and “basically served as a rubber stamp for the organization’s illicit behavior.”

Allegations of improper diversion of NRA assets, Ms. James’ office charged, came on top of “grossly excessive salaries and bonuses” that were out of line with best practices. Mr. LaPierre’s pay rose 55% in 2018, the most recently reported year, to $2.2 million.

NWG40 and Lucian_253 like this.
  6. Danzig

Texas
    Can’t wait for the lawsuits against BLM and a whole host of leftist 501c organizations!

j102, NWG40, Lucian_253 and 3 others like this.
  7. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

This is a large blow to the 2A community. Blind faith by the membership has allowed this to comeabout. LaPew is a criminal. He needs to go to prison. The whole staff that was aware need to go there too.

Just when we needed them the most this crap happens. My question for him is, "rally did you think this was going to go on forever??"

NRA fanbois will call this a conspiracy. It is LaPew ripping off the membership.

This really needs it's own thread.

NWG40 and Sparky_D like this.
  8. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

He should have tossed years ago

j102, NWG40 and Lucian_253 like this.
  9. Lucian_253

The NRA hasn’t seen any extra money & will not in the future as long as he’s in.

j102, Danzig and NWG40 like this.
  10. Danzig

Texas
    You’d figure he should just say I had an incredible run and retire. It’d be the best for all involved.

j102, NWG40 and Lucian_253 like this.
  11. LostinTexas

LostinTexas Well-Known Member

Doesn't Wayne have something like a $50M or so separation contract? It may be more, I remember reading about it and it was enormous. Along with several years of salary and assets (maybe for life?). It was a stupid Golden Parachute plan.

Danzig likes this.
  12. Danzig

Texas
    With 30 something years at the NRA I’d imagine he has stupid golden parachute clauses.

NWG40 likes this.
  13. NQNPIII

Not necessarily true. Over 60,000 new members just in June. About the 4 minute mark.

Several gun mfr's have membership forms in the boxes. Taurus does for sure.

Southlake, wrpNYFL and Danzig like this.
  14. Lucian_253

I meant from my wallet. I left a key word out of my original statement.

Southlake likes this.
  15. Glockfinger

Glockfinger Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Glock store new lower.

Southlake, Lucian_253 and Danzig like this.
  16. NWG40

NWG40 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wished they would've offered this before I bought my Springfield XD 2.0 subcompact.
    Has the same concept, full sized frame with smaller slide.

17. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

It looks good. But I stopped buying from the Glock store a long time ago. Worse customer support ever.

NQNPIII likes this.
  18. NQNPIII

I had heard they are building a store in downtown Nashville. I have never been motivated to buy anything from them. Their bad reputation precedes them.

j102 likes this.
  19. Danzig

Texas
  20. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

My first reflex was to wonder if "motardacious" was a word; to be spending $2,850 per gun, with no optic even. But that's Brazilian $, which works out to $525 or so, so really not that bad.

(Except for the .40-caliber part, obviously... :D)

Danzig likes this.