Breaking in a new Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by spur, Mar 23, 2012.

1. spur

spur New Member

Whats the best way, I know with rifles Ive had I shoot like two rounds clean it, shoot two rounds clean it, shoot 5 rounds clean it.....yada, yada....I have a Glock 27 to break in how do you suggest to do it? Thanks in advance.

2. fls348

fls348 New Member

200 rounds

Clean

Repeat

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Glocks don't require break-ins, new owners do. First, follow the instructions in the owners manual then, Go shoot 500 rounds and get used to the trigger reset, grip and sight picture with aimed shots.

No need to rapid fire the gun.

Clean it and repeat as often as you can!

Enjoy.

4. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

This is an open question, if you ask 10 Glock owners how to break in their gun then you will get 10 different answers... Basically it's what works for the owner, yes follow the owners manual but also bear in mind that you need to do what makes you feel comfortable and secure that your Glock will perform flawlessly every time... It's the same as asking what lubricant/cleaner to use - you'll get multiple answers and reasons... Just do what makes you feel confident, personally I shot about 100-200 rounds to familiarize myself with the gun and then cleaned it well and considered it broke in... G-23 was correct in that the break in could be mainly for the shooter instead of the gun, the Glock is to perform flawlessly straight out of the box, it's the shooter that needs to work with the gun and learn the techniques/form for proper shooting :)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  5. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

^^^^ great advice!

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum spur !!

7. I agree here. I have had quite a few Glocks over the years, and they all funtioned flawlessly from day one. They all shot way better than me, so if I did my part, they all rewarded me with great groups.
    Dont worry about any break in, it is not going to make any difference. The difference is going to be you. I found, years ago, that I had to change the way I shot to make them perform well. They very few malfunctions that I have had, I have been able to atribute to something that I did rather than the fun. One exception to this is when my slide stop wore down to the point that it would not lock open anymore. I was a newbie at that time and used the slide stop to close the slide, a bad practice on my part.
    Shoot it, and shoot it.
    Congrats.