Featured Breaking Gun News

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by Southlake, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Well here it is folks, according to the ATF only 2 pistol braces are approved as pistol braces, all others are shouldering devices,sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ATF Singles Out 23 Pistol Braces As Unapproved Devices ATF has informed SB Tactical that 23 of their pistol braces have not been evaluated or approved as stabilizing braces and are shouldering devices.

ATF Singles Out 23 Pistol Braces As Unapproved Devices

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/atf-...

Update

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    eltell, jhg and Danzig like this.
  2. TheKraken

TheKraken 2021, Hold my beer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

And it begins.

Bayou, jhg and SJ 40 like this.

3. Genifour

Genifour Active Member

This is why I went ahead and did a Form 1 to SBS my Remington V3 TAC-13. Not sure if I really solved the problem or just bought a little time...

jhg, 3404speed and SJ 40 like this.
  4. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member Supporter

Bump stocks,pistol braces.what's next?federal ban on high cap mags or ban the sales of 223,5.56,762x39.its going to be a long 4 years.good time to shop for a stabilizing brace.if and when it becomes closer to reality,the shelves will be bare.

jhg, 3404speed, Danzig and 1 other person like this.
  5. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    Basically the information was obtained by FOIA request of internal emails and memos from BATFE. So it’s more of an arguing back and forth internally within the BATFE. Nothing is set or binding...yet. I think there’s a faction of staff at the BATFE that want to go after braces and basically anything the Giffords Group has been demanding, and the rest of the organization that would rather deal with all the tasks they already have without looking for trouble. Leadership should have been changed when Trump took over but it didn’t. Biden has made it a part of his platform that he will go after guns. Biden being an old politico just wants a win to appease the gun grabbers. Braces could be one of those targets and it could go far far beyond that. His campaign gun platform states it pretty clear. Looking at making not just AR pistols but all semiautomatic firearms a part of the NFA would be a huge win for him but better yet having that National Registry the Dems have been dreaming about since the 1960’s would be huge. Kicking gun owners in the balls and making them pay for it also would be orgasmic for any gun grabber.

SJ 40, jhg and 3404speed like this.
  6. Danzig

Texas
    Federal Registry makes gathering them up an easy matter.

jhg and 3404speed like this.
  7. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member Supporter

My braces are at the bottom of the local lake

:(

eltell, SJ 40, jhg and 1 other person like this.
  8. Genifour

Genifour Active Member

Sad but true.

SJ 40, Danzig and jhg like this.
  9. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

#MeToo boating accident. Along with my A/Rs and all my mags over 10 rounds.

eltell, SJ 40, TheKraken and 3 others like this.
  10. Olga17

Olga17 Legitimate Combatant Supporter

I have Amend2 in 556 30 round for the AR.
    They perform well so far.
    They seem to swell a little but when left loaded.
    But not an issue.

SJ 40, 3404speed and jhg like this.
  11. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member Supporter

oops thought this was the ammo thread smh sorry lol i guess it pertains to the post above mine, moved to the ammo thread

jhg likes this.
  12. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention it,I went fishing today for the last time this season, wouldn't you know all mine were lost and the thing I will greatly miss is my favorite rod and reel combo along with my tackel box.

Thing is I had my unfortunate accident happened in Lake Champlain,rite off the shores of Ticonderoga, with in sight of the Fort.
    Fort Ticonderoga is where the first winning battle in the war of Independence occurred,when Ethan Allen and Benedict Arnold along with the Green Mountain Boys captured the fort,arms and powder,I thought how ironic for it to happen in that spot.

Southlake and 3404speed like this.
  13. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

From DEAD PEOPLE

SJ 40 likes this.
  14. Southlake

Let’s get back to breaking gun news.

3404speed likes this.
  15. Danzig

Texas
    SIG Cross Recall: Potential Safety Concern For All Cross Rifles

https://www.sigsauer.com/crossrecall

WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU OWN A CROSS BOLT-ACTION RIFLE?
    • Stop using and unload your CROSS Rifle immediately.
    • Please enter your serial number. If your serial number is included in the recall you will be directed to a product return registration page.
    • Please review the following communication.
    Safety Recall Notice: SIG SAUER Cross Bolt-Action Rifles

NEWINGTON, N.H., (November 25, 2020) – Today Sig Sauer, Inc. is announcing a safety recall for the CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle, and consumers should immediately discontinue use of the rifle. This recall applies to all CROSS Bolt-Action rifles currently manufactured.

Sig Sauer has viewed an online video that presents a single CROSS Bolt-Action Rifle with a potential safety concern. This gun has been returned to Sig Sauer and upon evaluation it has been confirmed that the rifle exhibited a delayed discharge after the trigger was pulled. Sig Sauer has decided to issue a safety recall in order to implement a modification to the firing action to address this potential safety concern.

To register for the recall process please visit sigsauer.com/crossrecall or call Sig Sauer Customer Service at 603-610-3000, option 1. Following registration Sig Sauer will further communicate with you to arrange for the return of your rifle to Sig Sauer for the safety improvement. All shipment and replacement costs will be covered by Sig Sauer.

Sig Sauer is committed to providing the highest quality, industry leading firearms in the marketplace and is requesting that consumers take immediate action and follow the recall process as described.

SJ 40 likes this.
  16. Danzig

Texas
    SB TACTICAL response to BATFE/Brace situation
    1F8D10C0-4C85-46D2-B41E-F2C6FCA59E77.jpeg

j102, SJ 40, 3404speed and 1 other person like this.
  17. Southlake

18. Southlake

eltell, Bayou, j102 and 3 others like this.
  19. Southlake

jhg, j102 and SJ 40 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.