Brass to the face

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Nards91, May 19, 2012.

1. I have a gen3 21SF and its throwing alot of the brass straight back at my forehead. Is there any way to fix this?

2. jmiles50

jmiles50 New Member

Has it ever done it before?

3. I own a G26 Gen 4 and I was at the range last weekend and I noticed I was getting a few casings hitting me in the face as well! I posted a thread on this and the response I got was it could be the ejector. I shot a little over 100 rounds and I may have had 5 or 6 come back on me. Is every ejected casing hitting you? If so, I would get it checked out. Hope this helps!

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

For a G21SF there is no new ejector, all G21SF's come with the latest ejector for .45ACP which is marked 8196-2.

Almost every case of erratic ejection in a .45 Glock that I've heard of has been fixed by replacing the extractor if it's relatively new, or detail strip cleaning the slide and extractor if the gun is somewhat old and just started ejecting erratically.

5. jps

jps Member

I have a Gen 4 G17 and had a hot casing land behind my glasses! It took about .001 seconds for me to shed the glasses....ouch! Skin under your eye is very sensitive! lol

That being said, I have never had any issues with brass to the face...this was a first.

6. It was happening every 7-10 rounds. Going to get it checked out tomorrow.