Brass to the face (not a rock song)

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by SlapStik, Jun 4, 2012.

1. SlapStik

SlapStik New Member

Hi All,

I purchased a G21 G4 in April and a G19 G4 in May and have the "brass to face" problem. The sales guy at the gun shop thought it might be my stance and or grip but it doesn't happen with either of my Rugers so I doubt it. I have had the hot brass land between my safety glasses and my eye so it is not a good thing!

My question, is there a fix for this or will it work itself out? Other then this issue, both guns perform as expected.

Thanks

2. Glock897

Glock897 Member

It's a problem many of us are having. I just sent my G19G3 to Glock Inc for the same issue. There are many posts about this problem in this forum. Give Glock a call, and have them send you a prepaid shipping label.

3. SlapStik

SlapStik New Member

Ok, thanks for the response, I figured there were many posts for the G19 but I didn't think the G21 was involved so I posted this, my mistake!

4. Glock897

Glock897 Member

You didn't make a mistake, I was just letting you know you weren't alone.

5. I had a little bit of an issue with brass to my face on my G21 gen.3 and I was able to solve it with this grip;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4584332856867071363

Every time I would limp wrist it, is when I caught one to the face. When it started to eject the round, gun was tilted side ways by that time. This may or may not help you but figure I would share.

6. SlapStik

SlapStik New Member

Thanks for the posts! It looks like I'm going to give Glock a call!

7. oh voyager.............

8. Dragonheart

Dragonheart New Member

This is not normal for a Glock, regardless of you stance, limp wrist or not.

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Dragonheart! Enjoy the forum!

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Very astute observation, not many people catch that. I'm not saying there are not mechanical reasons on some weapons....I've just never experienced it so I'll leave it at that.

11. An the only way I found that out is that I started to pay more attention to my hands and how the gun was recoiling when I shoot then were my bullets were going. Don't worry, the muzzle was still pointed in a safe direction at the target. I was just more concern what was going on at the rear of the gun then what was going on at the front.

I'm not saying that this is 100% his problem, I'm just saying that is what I experience and how I fixed my brass to the face.

According to this thread there is no new ejector for the .45 to change the ejecting pattern: https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f8/ejecting-casings-hitting-me-face-5054/

12. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Maybe not for Dragon Hearts:rolleyes: but with All other Glocks it is! If you limpwrist a Glock you will more than likely get casing right back at you either in the face or on top of the Head!:rolleyes:

13. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

If I shoot my G 21 Gen 4, the brass ejects about 5-6 feet to my right, lands in a nice pattern. When I let other other people shoot it, that aren't very experienced with pistols, the brass comes right back at their face. Just the way it is.

14. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Amen it is due to limp wristing. I have duplicated it for others to see when I am trying to show them how it will change their ejections. Most will say well I don't have that problem with my Colt/Kimber/Ruger/S&W etc but I just say well it will with a Glock! And with some practice the Ejectors just fix themselves! Now I know some of the smaller guns have had a problem but if it is a 21 or a 30 I would be very comfortable saying it is MOST Probably limp Wristing!

15. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Okay, Here's a vid of the problem. This is a friend of mine's son. He's 16, and it's his first time shooting anything. He begged us to shoot the G 21, so we schooled him on safety basics, gave him 6 rounds, & told him to try it on. All the brass comes back at him, and at frame :46 you can see one land right between his feet. He bears down, tightens up, & follows through on the last shot. You can catch it as a good side ejection at 1:06, the next to last frame. Sorry about the vid quality, it's the only camera I have. But if you watch it full screen, & stop at the shots, you can get the idea of what's going on.

I'll take him & his dad out again, & we'll start schooling him on how to shoot, but for his first time we just wanted him to get the finger off the trigger safety concepts down. He did okay. Takes practice.

I hope this saves somebody having to send their Glock off to be fixed. I hate to be without mine for no good reason.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjNgmr-hX3c[/ame]

16. jakedrennan45

jakedrennan45 New Member

Glad I haven't had these issues. It's my cheap .22 mossberg rifle that ejects weird sometimes. When my non trigger hand is holding the front up the brass flies out and hits my fingers. Kinda stings sometimes. No idea what the problem is but the brass should go more upwards instead of directly sideways.

17. SlapStik

SlapStik New Member

Wow, so the general theory is that limp wristing will cause the Glock to discharge the casing back into your face? Ok, I'll try to change what I'm doing but I wasn't aware that I was limp wristing......... of course I can't say I really understand what it is either! Does it mean I have too "light" of a grip on the gun? What do I have to do to correct this?

Fyi, I check the numbers on my 19 and 21 based on an earlier post and both are the most current serial numbers.

Thanks

18. SlapStik

SlapStik New Member

I just watched a few Youtubes on limp writing and that is not what I'm doing, they were mostly one hand shots. I use a 2 handed thumbs forward grip in the Isosceles stance and at 6 ft 230 lbs I'm able to handle the recoil with no problem. With that being said, can I still be limp wristing with a solid stance and grip?
    Thanks

19. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Everyone has an opinion. I have a state trooper friend and he had the same issues shooting my 19 too. He carries the .45 GAP and never had issues with his. I also put 50 rounds through his and no problems. I find it hard to believe I limp wrist my 9mm but not a .45.

20. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I'm not saying this is the problem, nor am I saying you are limp wristing because I have not seen you shoot...but yes it is possible ie) Breaking your wrists and improper support from support hand causing the weapon to flip back and to the side. This happens very quickly so unless your looking for it, you won't notice it.