Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally bought me a Glock 36. I have been wanting one for some time. I have the G30SF, love it but wanted a smaller grip for the wife. She loves shooting .45acp, and really liked the G30SF but just could not warm up to the thick grip. There is more difference in the grip sizes than most people think there is. The G36 is a nice conceal size .45. Will post range report just as soon as I can get out there. Now my next purchase will be a G29!!:D
Here is a picture of the new G36 with its bigger brother, the G30SF which has a G21 mag and extension in it for HD duty:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wife has no problems with the baby Glocks. She can shoot the G30SF great but does not like the thick grip frame. She has not shot the G36 yet but loves the feel of the grip so I am sure she will shoot it just fine. And the G30sf is very accurate and recoil is very manageable. The G27 has more felt kick and recoil than the G30.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The wife has no problems with the baby Glocks. She can shoot the G30SF great but does not like the thick grip frame. She has not shot the G36 yet but loves the feel of the grip so I am sure she will shoot it just fine. And the G30sf is very accurate and recoil is very manageable. The G27 has more felt kick and recoil than the G30.
Please let us know how you like it after you shoot it! I too have several 21's and 30's and would like to get a 36 as my next gun for those times a 30 might be a bit bloated:eek: I can think of a couple times I carries my Kimber because I wanted a thinner piece!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think she's gonna like the 36. The 30's frame absorbs a lot of the recoil where as the 36 will not. Good luck. I had them both at one time and didn't enjoy the 36 at the range. The dimension are similar to the 19/23 so it's not as concealable as the 30 with a flush magazine. My wife hated it as well as my 27.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts