Brand new G30 SF!!!

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by LaiePoi, Apr 3, 2012.

1. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

G30 with stock mag, extended slide release, grip plug

image-3451001618.jpg

G30 with finger extension

image-575142343.jpg

G30 with 13 rd mag

image-2899620640.jpg

Try-Glo FO Night Sights

image-2135560660.jpg

Big bore!!

image-818020029.jpg

SF

image-1482796602.jpg

My wife's G19 with extended slide release, slip on grip, Tru-Glo FO NS, TRL-2 light/laser combo with strobe function. She also has the 33 rd mag!

image-3127554410.jpg

Pretty stoked and can't wait to shoot the G30!!

2. OneOldGoat

OneOldGoat New Member

Welcome to the club

3. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Congrats to your new Glock!

Shoot safe.

4. AckJay

AckJay Member

Congrats on your New Family Member... I love the G30.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the "CLUB" bro...!!

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Looking good! Is the pinky extension with grip a Glock part or after market, cause it looks like its the same size of as the 10rnd mag, and if thats the case I wouldn't mind putting that on for the extra grip and the continued look.

7. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

8. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

It is a Scherer finger extension. Yes it is pretty much the exact same size as the stock 10 rd mag...maybe 1mm difference if that. Feels much better with it on I must say. I asked for the one made by Pearce but they were out of stock. Same thing tho

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Man its just so much better looking than the floor plate on the 10 rounds mags lol. Cheap too, seems a pair runs $13 at glockstore. Gonna order some next Monday, thanks!

10. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Sweet gun man! A Glock 30 will most likely be my next handgun purchase after I get my .357 mag snubbie.

11. Really nice G30 setup, especially the TFO's! Looking forward to your first range report - you're going to be in for a real treat.

12. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Congratulations on the G30, I just picked mine up yesterday.
    I like the Scherer extensions, I might have to order a set, it does look better.

Any concerns with IWB carry? Does it poke ya at all?

13. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Just got a brand new G30SF myself last week, taking it tomorrow to put 200 rds through it :)

14. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

I bought an iwb holster with the gun and it does not poke at me at all even with the Scherer finger ext

15. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Does anyone have any problems with the G30SF mags, I bought it a week ago, and when I load 10 rounds the magazine will not go into the weapon.

I asked this on here before and was told its a stiff spring to keep the mags fully loaded for about a week to loosen the springs?

Anyone else have this issue?

16. vwtechx

vwtechx New Member

Had that problem with mine as well. Mine seemed to get better as time goes on. Just bought mine in February. Need to get yourself one of these:

Attached Files:

17. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

I was able to load one full magazine, but only nine in the other. I'm just keeping the full magazine in my G30sf for now until I can fill the other magazine completely.

18. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I don't have much experience with the G30, but I have seen some YouTube videos mentioning that adding Plus 1 or 2 magazine extensions can create magazine spring issues sometimes.
    BTW the Glock 30 is awesome. I've shot both it and the Glock 21 at the range. I am debating on which one to acquire for home defense. Glock is a helluva drug! jk

19. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Try locking the slide back and then put the 10 rd mag in. It should slide in no problem. You can still get it in with the slide closed but you will have to push hard (it's a tight fit). All guns I've tried have this same problem with full mags and slide closed. I don't think they are made to go in full with slide closed but then again I'm no expert. Try it out and let me know if it worked for you.