G30 with 13 rd mag

Hand Camera Camera accessory Flash photography Cameras & optics

Try-Glo FO Night Sights

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Toy Camera

Big bore!!

Brown Khaki Beige Parallel Gas

SF

Revolver Trigger Camera accessory Wood Tool

My wife's G19 with extended slide release, slip on grip, Tru-Glo FO NS, TRL-2 light/laser combo with strobe function. She also has the 33 rd mag!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Pretty stoked and can't wait to shoot the G30!!

Attachments

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Looking good! Is the pinky extension with grip a Glock part or after market, cause it looks like its the same size of as the 10rnd mag, and if thats the case I wouldn't mind putting that on for the extra grip and the continued look.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Webphisher said:
Looking good! Is the pinky extension with grip a Glock part or after market, cause it looks like its the same size of as the 10rnd mag, and if thats the case I wouldn't mind putting that on for the extra grip and the continued look.
It is a Scherer finger extension. Yes it is pretty much the exact same size as the stock 10 rd mag...maybe 1mm difference if that. Feels much better with it on I must say. I asked for the one made by Pearce but they were out of stock. Same thing tho

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Man its just so much better looking than the floor plate on the 10 rounds mags lol. Cheap too, seems a pair runs $13 at glockstore. Gonna order some next Monday, thanks!

·
1,612 Posts
It is a Scherer finger extension. Yes it is pretty much the exact same size as the stock 10 rd mag...maybe 1mm difference if that. Feels much better with it on I must say. I asked for the one made by Pearce but they were out of stock. Same thing tho
Man its just so much better looking than the floor plate on the 10 rounds mags lol. Cheap too, seems a pair runs $13 at glockstore. Gonna order some next Monday, thanks!

Congratulations on the G30, I just picked mine up yesterday.
I like the Scherer extensions, I might have to order a set, it does look better.

Any concerns with IWB carry? Does it poke ya at all?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blades said:
Congratulations on the G30, I just picked mine up yesterday.
I like the Scherer extensions, I might have to order a set, it does look better.

Any concerns with IWB carry? Does it poke ya at all?
I bought an iwb holster with the gun and it does not poke at me at all even with the Scherer finger ext

·
Administrator
53,030 Posts
Does anyone have any problems with the G30SF mags, I bought it a week ago, and when I load 10 rounds the magazine will not go into the weapon.

I asked this on here before and was told its a stiff spring to keep the mags fully loaded for about a week to loosen the springs?

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
132 Posts
glock26USMC said:
Does anyone have any problems with the G30SF mags, I bought it a week ago, and when I load 10 rounds the magazine will not go into the weapon.

I asked this on here before and was told its a stiff spring to keep the mags fully loaded for about a week to loosen the springs?

Had that problem with mine as well. Mine seemed to get better as time goes on. Just bought mine in February. Need to get yourself one of these:

Attachments

·
Dj Studter
244 Posts
I was able to load one full magazine, but only nine in the other. I'm just keeping the full magazine in my G30sf for now until I can fill the other magazine completely.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I don't have much experience with the G30, but I have seen some YouTube videos mentioning that adding Plus 1 or 2 magazine extensions can create magazine spring issues sometimes.
BTW the Glock 30 is awesome. I've shot both it and the Glock 21 at the range. I am debating on which one to acquire for home defense. Glock is a helluva drug! jk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
glock26USMC said:

Try locking the slide back and then put the 10 rd mag in. It should slide in no problem. You can still get it in with the slide closed but you will have to push hard (it's a tight fit). All guns I've tried have this same problem with full mags and slide closed. I don't think they are made to go in full with slide closed but then again I'm no expert. Try it out and let me know if it worked for you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts