Bolt Action Photo Thread...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by SHOOTER13, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Here's a thread to post pics of your favorite bolt action rifle...whether it's used for hunting or tack driving at long distances...

Pictured below is my Remington Model 700BDL chambered in 7mm Rem Mag with a 24" barrel.

[​IMG]

The 700BDL is a manually-operated bolt action with 2 forward dual-opposed lugs and a rear safety lug formed by the bolt handle lug sitting in a receiver recess. The bolt face is recessed, fully enclosing the base of the cartridge, and the extractor is a C-clip sitting within the bolt face. The ejector is a plunger on the bolt face actuated by a coil spring. The bolt is of 3-piece construction, brazed together (head, body and bolt handle). The receiver is milled from round cross-section steel. Depending on caliber, the internal magazine holds either 3, 4, or 5 cartridges and has a flush floor plate for quick unloading. The rifle can also be ordered with a detachable box magazine.

2. GLShooter

GLShooter New Member

This is my 700 Varmint I bought in 1975. Shot the barrel out and found a god SS tube for it. The scope is an AO 10 upgraded with target turrets. It has one quite a few matches over the years and is great for shooting PD;s here in Arizona.

[​IMG]

Greg

3. SHOOTER13

Very,very nice...and what brand tub is that !? ;)

4. GLShooter

GLShooter New Member

Not sure but they call it a Garden Tub. It is good for Garden Parties!!

Greg

5. SHOOTER13

:D... Did you do something special to make the furniture shine like that...it almost looks slippery !

6. GLShooter

GLShooter New Member

If you mean mine it is just the regular Remington finish from the early 70's. The surface is shiny but no slicker than any of the newer ones.

Greg

7. SHOOTER13

Well, looks real good my friend !!

8. GLShooter

GLShooter New Member

This one is a CZ 527 in a 204 Ruger, It is the second one I bought because the first one shot so well. I picked through quite a few different ones one day at a shop and when door #6 opened up so did my pocket book. This one has a Nikon Buckmaster 6X18 scope that lets me get "close" to the PD's here in Arizona.

The set trigger is an excellent bit of engineering that lets you really work the long shots. Shooting groups with the rifle is monotonous at 0.5 MOA being extremely common. I have fed it hand load after hand load and 95% have been under that magic number.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  9. SHOOTER13

Wow...that's got awesome furniture too !! Is it hard to find components for that loading ?!

I'm not too familiar with that caliber...guess you almost have to reload or it would cost alot for factory rolled fodder, huh?!

10. GLShooter

GLShooter New Member

Yes factory stuff would be high $$. The big thing is I get to pick the bullets and tune the load. Componets are easy to get and cost only a bit more than 223 new cases. Bullets are about $1.50 more per 100. I picked up 500 new cases when I got the rifle. I'll never wear them out before the barrel .

I own 3 204's and a 20 Tactical and a 20 wildcat AR.

Perhaps I can share those. :)

Greg

11. SHOOTER13

Yup...best part of rollin' yer own !!