Glock Firearms banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had any problems with Blazer brass. I ran across a box that didn't want to cycle well in my g30. I picked up 6 boxes out of a newly opened case and only had problems out of one of them. I had 4 did not feeds, and half the box wanted to eject straight back at my face. Ahh just wondering.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Never had issues with blazer. Either of the makes. I used blazer brass as a back up when I made finals in a local competition. I also just got 250 rounds in a ammo can from psa. Those ran fine as well.

Because of the decent price I'll continue to use them over white box.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Never had a lick of problems from any Blazer ammo.

Have you done Mods to the gun? If so, what?

You might have checked the OAL too. Sometimes cartridges can get crushed during shipment. I do have several samples of this.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G-23 said:
Never had a lick of problems from any Blazer ammo.

Have you done Mods to the gun? If so, what?

You might have checked the OAL too. Sometimes cartridges can get crushed during shipment. I do have several samples of this.
Just the standard extended slide lock and extended slide release. Like I said just that one box gave me trouble. Swapped mags, cleaned, nothing made a difference.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I have not had any issues with Blazer brass, either fresh out of the box, or as reloads.

D

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Not shot any new Blazer brass ammo but I did get some small primer brass in a batch of 45acp brass that I ordered and it seems to work as well as anything else. I try to keep my Blazer and Federal small primer 45acp stuff separated from my large primer stuff. Just makes it easier when it comes back around to reloading the stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Just the standard extended slide lock and extended slide release. Like I said just that one box gave me trouble. Swapped mags, cleaned, nothing made a difference.
Ususally, if the ammo gets crushed it happens on a corner near the top or bottom.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G-23 said:
Ususally, if the ammo gets crushed it happens on a corner near the top or bottom.
I measured the rounds and found little to no difference in their lengths. None of the boxes were crushed and they were all stacked together in the same row, in the shipping case. I loaded the mags consecutively out of the tray, and each loading produced 2 to 3 casings being ejected straight back at my head.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Well check too that the slide lock was installed facing in the correct direction.

But I would guess it was the load in the ammo maybe.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
G-23 said:
Well check too that the slide lock was installed facing in the correct direction.

But I would guess it was the load in the ammo maybe.
Actually the 30 was bone stock when firing these rounds. This happened last spring, and I've put in the neighborhood of 450 to 500 rounds thru it since with no problem. I just haven't bought anymore blazer. Just wondered if anyone else ran into this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts