Blank bullets?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by savage07, Jul 4, 2012.

1. savage07

savage07 New Member

Are blank bullets legal?

2. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Blanks. Aren't bullets the metal part in the front? ;)

From what I know, blanks are legal. Starter pistols use blanks.

D

3. savage07

savage07 New Member

Yes you are right. I never seen blank ammo in the store...

4. dwcfastrice

I would check gun shows. I've seen some of the ammo vendors selling blanks.

D

5. savage07

savage07 New Member

This question my sound crazy or immature. But I heard people talking about shooting their guns in their back yard celebrating July 4. I always tough this action would be dangerous, not safe for other and illegal. Perhaps if they use blank ammo, it would be safer but I'm not sure how police would react about this action?

6. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Direct fastening systems such as Hilti & Ramset use them, but they're called cartridges, or cartridge strips. They come color coded according to the strength of the charge, & resemble a .22 short. Cordite is the usual propellent. Some states require a safety course/certification to become licensed to use direct fastening guns. Locally here you can just rent one for the job your doing.

Blank cartridges for firearms can be lethal though. It's not uncommon to read about movie stars fooling around with them & accidentally killing themselves on the set. Just like anything though, you misuse it, bad things can happen.

7. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

I will be shooting my 50 cal traditions off tonight stuffed with toilet paper and paper towels!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  8. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Even with blanks, this is against the law IMO if there are local laws prohibiting the discharge of fireams within certain distances of home, etc....

I won't want to be the test case for that one.

9. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Here in AZ, Blanks are legal to fire in city limits, though not advisable, you may get a noise violation, and or reckless endangerment. Fireworks are illegal to fire in city limits as well...

10. dwcfastrice

That's is correct. Check your local ordnances. Where I grew up, we used to shoot off tracers and sparklers tied to arrows for fourth of July.

Where I live now, there's no way you can discharge a firearm, blank cartridge or not.

Bruce Lee's kid was killed during the filming of The Crow by a blank (prop bullet or fragment used for a close up got lodged in the barrel).

D

11. savage07

savage07 New Member

Lol! Me neither!!!

12. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

[QUOTE="dwcfastrice"

Bruce Lee's kid was killed during the filming of The Crow by a blank (prop bullet or fragment used for a close up got lodged in the barrel).

D[/QUOTE]

Conspiracy is that the "mob" had him killed. Either way it sucks to see him die.

13. savage07

savage07 New Member

Not to mention if a law enforcement or some one else that it's armed see you discharging, they would not know if the ammo it's real or fake, and that's how drama start...

14. dwcfastrice

I though it started with....
    "hold my beer and watch this...."

:D

D

15. runman

runman New Member

Hilarious - unfortunately you got it about right!