Glock Firearms banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my birthday is today, and a few days ago I bought my G34 and I'm loving it like mad. Today my dad sends me a message and says he got me:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/121744/lee-challenger-breech-lock-single-stage-press-kit

For my birthday! So I'm going to be getting probably the Hornady book, and then be reading through a ton of Happy's previous posts for powder suggestions lol. Right now I'm thinking Unique as that's what my dad used back in the day. Anywho, when the kit gets in and setup will do picture day :D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Happy birthday! Nice present. :)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
You lucky dog webfisher!! May you have many wonderful rounds in your future!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have to say, wonderful birthday present. I bought myself one on June 2, which was my birthday. Haven't recieved it yet, but can't wait to take her out.

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got mine in today. I need to pick up some lag bolts to mount it, waiting on bullets to come in, and need to go buy powder and primers, but otherwise I'm set. I got everything I need to start decamping, so I can do that while I'm waiting for my next paycheck to come in to buy my manuals and consumables lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Webphisher said:
Just got mine in today. I need to pick up some lag bolts to mount it, waiting on bullets to come in, and need to go buy powder and primers, but otherwise I'm set. I got everything I need to start decamping, so I can do that while I'm waiting for my next paycheck to come in to buy my manuals and consumables lol.
Congrats and Happy B-day!

·
Banned
654 Posts
is that a complete kit to reload other than the dies? can you just buy a set of dies and start reloading?

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
That is a great B-day present! Let us know when you start loading...with pictures! ;)

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh ya, Midway is sending me a free quick change mount for it since it was pictured in the display! Once that gets in then I'll mount it to the table. Next monday I'm going to go get a new light as well to mount above the desk. Gonna make a nice little reload station. Just need to make a nice mount system for my MacBook Pro so I can listen to music and stuff in the garage while loading lol.

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In progress shot. Finally got the mounting gear in, but no bolts so its clamped down for now. Need a few more sorting bins and then I'll be good to go! Got all the dyes setup tonight as well, so tomorrow I'll probably press my first full round, (got some shells with bullets in them but no power or primers lol).

Attachments

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I started decapping today, turns out I have well over 1200 shells, and thats just whats sorted and cleaned LOL. I got through about half of them and decided the hell with it. Made 16 cartridges to take to the range and test out. The cool thing is, I FINALLY found a damn place to stick a bunch of my stickers, can't find my NRA stickers, but got most of them used :D

This is my reloaders log. Also finally a use for my Moleskin books. I love Moleskins but never had a use for them.

Attachments

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got to the range today to shoot off some rounds I made. First set didn't group too well. The second set grouped incredibly well. Went to try the third recipe out, and squibed the gun :eek:

Looks like I missed a powder load in one of my rounds. We got the bullet out and I put that gun down for the day, switched to the 34 for some target practice.

The grouping in the middle is mine, the four shots in the left grouping were my bud. Need to make another 50 rounds of this stuff and see if I found a good one.

Attachments

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,592 Posts
Good thing you weren't rapid firing. I ripped through a mag in a AK47 once and ended up putting 3 rounds into eachother in the barrel. Luckily it must've been the last 3 rounds in the mag. I didn't even notice. I was firing from the hip as fast as I could dump 30 rounds. only realized it when I tried to break down the gun for cleaning and bolt was wedged back into receiver. The AK was salvageable and only needed a new barrel. I was very lucky in many ways!

·
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No kidding. These were my very first reloads. So it was shoot, look for hole, listen for sound, repeat lol. Granted in this case the gun didn't even cycle so it was apparent something went wrong. Just glad it came out easy and my barrel is ok lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts