Bigger Guy, needing good Holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Deucecoupe, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Deucecoupe

Deucecoupe New Member

Guys, I am 6' 4" 310lbs, I am not all totally fat...I do have good muscle tone LOL, but I can fill a waist band and I was wondering what the best way to conceal would be...seems like inside the WB would be best for my preference, but wonder if it would be digging into my side or not.

Also, on another note...I have large skinny hands believe it or not, and I was wanting to get a G30...which would be best Std. or SF?

Thanks for your help

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

3. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

The hybrid type should work for you, they have a shield that covers the slide and keeps it off of you. Some of the all kydex holsters that have a side shield can gouge you if it is too small. Carry position will help some also, I like 3-4:00.

4. Deucecoupe

Deucecoupe New Member

Thanks for the input...I will consider that strap and my carry position...thanks again

5. DawgFan34

DawgFan34 New Member

Look at the Crossbreed holster. I have one and love it. I'm 6'6" and 270# and it is very comfortable.

www.crossbreedholsters.com

6. metalriot

metalriot New Member

I have the disantis cozy companion I use for my g23 it's pretty comfy I like the forward angle it puts the gun at for better concealment. Although I'm interested to try the hybrid holsters like the supertuck

7. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I use a Remora holster and have been happy with it. If your hands are large then you might like the slightly bigger grip that the G30 provides over the G30sf.

8. I'm a big guy 5'8 240lbs and I have a crossbreed and it's comfortable I use it everyday

9. Sw10mm

Sw10mm New Member

Look into versacarry, I have a post with some pics on there, I like it, it doesnt add extra bulk im 5'7" and 210 it works great and I cc a glock 20

10. I'm fairly large --- 6' and 270 lbs. I use a DeSantis Sof-Tuk to carry my G19. I carry at the 5 o'clock position and it's fairly comfortable. The Sof-Tuk has adjustable cant so you can put it where it feels best. I have a fair amount of cant set in it and I feel like I can draw well, but it remains comfortable. It doesn't print much at all with a loose shirt hanging down over it. Even a T-shirt is enough.

11. I'm 6'4" and pushing 300lbs(man, have I let myself go.:() and carry my G30 in an IWB holster I I made a few years ago for a G22 that I had. I modified it a bit from the original design but it's pretty comfortable and with a slightly baggy shirt you can't even tell it's there. Just make sure you get your pants a bit larger and have a good belt to help hold things together and you should be "good to go".

12. Redneckcmb

Redneckcmb Chris Supporter

supertuck deluxe by crossbreed holsters

13. Brandan86

Brandan86 New Member

6ft 250lbs here and I conceal a G22 with a DeSantis Insider. I modified the clip so the weapon would sit a bit higher, since half the grip would be covered by my waistband.
    [​IMG]

14. superglide

superglide Member

I carry a Glock 23 using a pancake holster. Even when riding my motorcycle you dont even know its there

15. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

I'm a bigger guy also 5 8 and 245. You can't go wrong with a Serpa or a MIC holster. I always open carry on extremely hot days and winter/fall it's CC.