Big Dot XS Sights

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by Gustof, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Gustof

Gustof New Member

Does anyone have these sights on their Glock and if so do you like them?

2. Seawolf

Seawolf New Member

Had them at one time on a G30SF and I did like them for close in shooting, but found it hard to get precise shots at longer ranges. I know James Yeager wears by them and he has videos up on You Tube where he makes 100Yd shots with them. I would get another set on a CCW gun if I didn't already have the Trijicon HD sights

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I have them but haven't totally made my mind about them yet.

4. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

I'm seriously considering the XS sights with the small dot front sight, so I'm really interested in some feedback on this one.

5. Ogre

Ogre New Member

As am I. Been looking to upgrade my sights on the 17. Was a leo gun and the rear sight is functional but roughed up. I want something to improve my performance.

6. Levelcross

Levelcross New Member

I put a set on my FIL's G-26 and he loves them, at 70 his eyes are giving him some trouble but he shoots very well.

7. Matthew780

Thanks for the info LC...

8. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

On my G-26 I use the Big Dot on the front sight and the stock sight on the rear. It might sound strange, but it works for me. I get fast accurate target acquisition in light and low light.

9. Matthew780

Thanks!

Do you have any trouble accurately shooting beyond 15 yards with them? I hear alot of people do, but I "think" it's because they ignore the instruction to use the top of the dot at 12 o'clock as sight-point.

10. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

At 15 yards the front sight all but covers my target it would make being accurate a little harder at that distance. Since my G-26 is my daily carry personal defense weapon I limit my practice shooting to 20 to 25 feet. I think the sight is perfect for that distance, at least for me.

11. M22

M22 Member

WMass
    The Big dots are awesome at close range (25 yds or closer). I put a set on my Ruger SR9c and am completely happy. For longer distance or for a full size piece I would recommend the small dot.

12. Shadow

Shadow New Member

After some research, I decided on going with the XS Big Dot sights for my G17 and ordered them, along with some other goodies, a few days ago. I was hoping they would have come in yesterday but no luck, gotta love the USPS. :rolleyes: I plan on heading out to the range as soon as I install them and test them out....will post some feedback once I do so. :D

13. Matthew780

I'm REALLY looking forward to that, Shadow.

Reminder: Pay particular attention to the factory instruction in using the "top" of the dot (12 o'clock position) for distances greater than 15 yards and comment on how accurate that is. That would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  14. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I had them on my G27 and absolutely hated them. Most of my other guns had 3 dot sights and I just couldn't get used to the XS sights. Now ALL of my guns have 3 dot sights.

15. Matthew780

Duly noted. Thanks Jon... XS is a totally different system than 3 dot...

16. Shadow

Shadow New Member

Will do. I've watched quite a few videos where they mention the distance shooting and I'm very curious on how that works as well. For some reason, I've just never been able to get used to three dot sights so I hope these sights will remedy my problem.

17. Gustof

Gustof New Member

Thanks for all the input! I'm going to give them a try and I'll post some feedback about them when I try them.

18. Bonz23

Bonz23 New Member

I too am looking forward to hearing results from those who are trying these out. Most of what I have read is that the "big dot" hides the area of precision aim point? So, really the issue isnt the system of stacking the dot on the vertical line. This system doesnt seem much different to a straight 8 or I dot, except for the shallow V rear, so to sum up this ramble (sorry) wouldnt the small dot be what we are all looking for, faster accuistion, and ability to shoot with more accuracy?
    Really, Im leaning towards these do to the fact Im not to used to any system, and lack of training time to become proficent with 3 Dots, this stacking seems easier to learn with.

Again sorry for ramble.

19. Matthew780

I think the "Big Dot" comes in handy if a shooter wants to focus on QUICK target acquisition at close range... Also shooters with faltering eyesight find the big dot easier to use...

???

I'm trying to evaluate this system myself. I think I'm sold on the close quarters ability of the sights... I'm just trying to figure if there's a way to accurately shoot long distance with them.

20. Bonz23

Bonz23 New Member

I agree with others that say you should be able to hit 7yds with any sight, but also I really dont see myself shooting my 19 past 25yds...so im really just looking for something that can get me 25yds and in, pretty readily with limited time to devote to practice...2 to 3 times per month is about all I got.
    25 yds and out I would like to think I would take cover?