Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
All of mine are square or nearly so. Both of my 30's seem to have a slight angle but not like yours. and my 21's All are straight up and down as is my 1987 G17. Could you take a pic with the slide locked back?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Kinda Dusty, but my G21 Gen4 has a beveled top. Never thought about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes barrel hood is beveled I'm not talking about the wear mark some call "Glock birth mark" it is actually beveled. I think I misspoke when I called it the monoblock.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
the bevelling is there to help the slide "climb over" the barrel.

D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now that we know other Glocks are this way and I can actully see how it might help it even I guess what I'm wondering now is why some have it and some don't. is it determined by someone doing final fit at factory or what? just curious as I said my 19 runs great no problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Afaik, the gen 3s came out squared and then later on had the bevel.
My gen 3 is beveled, I have seen them both ways, I just wonder why this isn't just the normal process as they seem to keep returning to it.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
NvrenufRR said:
Afaik, the gen 3s came out squared and then later on had the bevel.
My gen 3 is beveled, I have seen them both ways, I just wonder why this isn't just the normal process as they seem to keep returning to it.
Don't hold me to this...but I think the history behind the barrel update to the G19 has to do with Glock addressing the issue the NYPD had with phase 3 malfunctions. I don't know exactly when it was implemented, but the older Gen 3's that had the update had a "1" added to the SN# on the barrel (see pic). Now my other assumption is ...after a while, Glock stopped adding the "1" to the barrel SN# since it became standard. That assumption is based off the fact that my relatively recent Gen 3 19C does not have a "1" on the barrel and neither do my Gen 4's.

...that's all I got, someone with more knowledge will correct me if I'm wrong.

Attachments

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
great info Kodiak! maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know but what's a phase 3 malfunction? and thanks!
Not the only one, I'm not familiar with it either, I'm guessing it's a failure to fully go into battery.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.