Best upgrades for CC

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by TouchMyGlock, Jan 23, 2012.

1. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

What upgrades would you suggest for a Glock that is meant for concealed carry?? I usually carry my 27, sometimes my 19.

Any suggestions?

2. Other than sights if you feel the need for them and a holster you are comfortable with..............nothing except trigger time at the range and home practice of drawing your weapon.

3. chris

chris New Member

I also cc a g27. The only thing I changed was the trigger connector from the stock 5.5 to a ghost 3.5. It gave me better follow up shots. Of corse practice practice!!

4. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Oo-fah! You carry with a custom trigger that's lighter? You're the type of guy that liability lawyers and prosecutors get a chubby over.

That connector can introduce you to Bubba and his band of merrymen over at the greybar hotel, yo.

5. EvilD

EvilD New Member

the 3.5# connector doesn't change the weight enough to make a difference, and as far as I know, there has never been anybody put in prison because of it.
    Night sites if you don't have them, a good holster ad lots of range time.

6. +1. Glocks are essentially perfect out of the box for CCW. I do NOT recommend making a lot of changes that could possibly lead to some kind of liability down the road.

7. Glock22Gen3

Glock22Gen3 New Member

Mike mentioned sites, but maybe he left out the word night sites?

In my opinion night sites are a must. Some like the front a different color then the rear. I get along OK with truglo night sites all green.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  8. bigbarbour71

bigbarbour71 New Member

A good comfortable holster do that you will carry it more.

9. Kmurray96

You want to argue that point in a court of law? Please, sell me tickets to that one.

10. EvilD

EvilD New Member

Please provide me with actual court cases where it came up.

11. It's not the difference between a 5.5 lb and 3.5 lb trigger that would get someone in trouble. It's the fact that some anti-gun prosecutor or civil attorney can make a case that you modified your gun just so it would be easier to kill people that can get someone into trouble. You can think I'm being a little over-cautious if you want but stranger things have happened.

The factory trigger pull on the Glock is great. There's no need to change it for defensive shooting. If you're having trouble on your follow-up shots you need more practice, not a lighter trigger.

12. Kmurray96

Nope. You want to do research, do your own. I'm the LEO, not the paralegal. Ever hear of a shooting investigation team?

Better yet, if you go cap someone CC with your Buzz Sawyer Wammy Jammy gun, let me know how it turns out, Budreux.

BTW, the DOC buys it's food from the lowest bidder.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  13. EvilD

EvilD New Member

This comes up all the time on various forums yet, nobody has hard proof that this has ever happened in a court room, thats all Im saying.

14. Kmurray96

15. Perhaps it never has happened but it could and I don't want to be the guinea pig.

16. Kmurray96

Yeah. It's known as CYA (cover your a**). Been around so many lawyers in 24 years on the job, they make me itchy.

17. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If it's a justifiable shooting it is irrelevant what was done to the trigger. The only way i see mods coming into play is fratricide.

18. You're half right. Justifiable can keep you from prosecution. You can still be sued even if it is justifiable. It is far easier for a plaintiff to win in civil court than it is for a prosecutor to win in criminal court.

19. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

That depends on what state you're in. Down here, in GA and in FL, if you're justified, you're immune from civil liability. I discovered that I was carrying extra liability insurance to protect me from said civil suits for nothing.

20. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

The only thing I've done so far is get a "butt plug", I don't know what else to call it, to stop dust and debris from getting in my trigger assembly