Best tactical light for the money?

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by mekanik586, May 8, 2012.

1. mekanik586

mekanik586 New Member

I want a good tactical light to keep NEXT TO, not mounted on, my glock. Any good suggestions? not trying to break the bank tho.

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Surefire G2 LED or any of the new Streamlight LEDs. Some are brighter and more expensive but these always work( as long as batteries are good).

3. antek

antek New Member

Anyone ever bought one of those cheap ebay ones?

4. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

ebay makes lights?

5. henerey

henerey New Member

colemen mans a pretty good led you can get at walmart its 110 lumens for like $34 i think. got one a while back was out of town and forgot my surefire

6. antek

antek New Member

Well... Chinese made light on eBay. :p

7. mlawrence

mlawrence New Member

Pelican 1900 series are great lights for the price. EBay has them for around $25.

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Streamlight TLR-1

9. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

$5-25 on Amazon can get you some damn good lights for the money. Go Cree led only, well if you do so research, You'll find they are leaders in led tech. Customer reviews (Amazon) are hard to go by sometimes but I got a bright as hell tactical Cree (it stated 500 lumens but I'd guess closer to 2-250) that has 3 light modes and is just dang blinding. Can't use the bright setting inside. The strobe could make you dizzy if you could keep looking at it. Came with a wall and car charger and 18650 lithium ion battery. I can pull even better performance out of it with a higher amp 18650 like a 3100mah but I'm gonna wait until I need a replacement. But for shtf time, an alkaline battery light and batteries o plenty is the safe bet. For the gun and nightstand, well... It's right by the Glock right now. Nuff said

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  10. antek

antek New Member

I was looking at the Ultrafire 502B 1000lumens 1mode.. I'm sure it's not 1000lumens but ever 250 - 300 would be nice for under $20.00. It's CREE and XM-L(whatever that means).

11. lonestar1672

lonestar1672 New Member

I really like my Streamlight ProTac 2L! It's small enough to carry daily on my belt and forget it's even there, but very powerful for it's size. Has bright (and it's bright!), strobe, and low output, fits in my hand nicely if I were to use it to punch someone for that added solid punch (jaw breaker) and the price is right for the quality and performance! Highly recommend it

12. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

Add another vote for the Streamlight protac 2L! Awesome little light that is almost as bright as my Streamlight stinger LED. Streamlight comes with a lifetime warranty and their customer service is top notch.

13. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I have Surefires all over my house. You can get a Surefire G2 that's a great light and is not pricey at all.

14. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Surefire G2X Pro is my EDC. 15 lumens low and 200 lumens high. I had a Surefire G2 led but put that on my AR. Either way you cant go wrong with a Surefire when law enforcement across the country and world use it as well as much of our military.
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/sug2xproflne.html

15. antek

antek New Member

Just got my ultrafire wf-502b 1mode CREE XM-L flashlight from ebay. paid like $15 and I love it! It clowns on my streamlight TLR-1s

16. +1 for this great light. Love the brightness and strobe!

17. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

For you Protac 2L guys, I take it this is a bright light; but does it have good throw or is it more like a flood light?

I am looking for a bright light w/ good throw. When the dog goes crazy, I like to check the yard with my piece and my light. So I want something that will light it up a fair distance.

18. lonestar1672

lonestar1672 New Member

My buddy's front yard is 4 acres, with the ProTac 2 I can scan his entire yard and have no issues seeing anything with detail! Impressive is the word!