Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never used a light on my pistols but I've been thinking about putting one on my 19. Streamlight has good AR weapon lights at decent prices so I'd like to stick with them. Any opinions/advice on which one to get? TIA!

· Registered
56 Posts
I have a TLR1-HL on one gun and a TLR7-A on another and I have a slight preference for the activation buttons on the 7A and I like that it fits the profile of the gun better making it better for concealed carry. My opinion anyway. The battery door broke on the TLR1 and Streamlight fixed it for free and did so rapidly which was excellent.

· Registered
36 Posts
The TLR-1HL has lots of power but it sticks out past the muzzle. Not a problem for home defense or OWB but bulkier than the newer TLR-7.
TLR-7 is more streamlined for the 19 and has 500 lumens. View attachment 282179
TLR-1
View attachment 282178
TLR-7
You have any ideas on what is the most low profile, smallest, adds the least bulk I guess I should say, type light for defense? Doesn't have to be as bright or high quality as others. Im just seeing If anything super low profile, least bulky light possible.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
You have any ideas on what is the most low profile, smallest, adds the least bulk I guess I should say, type light for defense? Doesn't have to be as bright or high quality as others. Im just seeing If anything super low profile, least bulky light possible.
They make a TLR-6 for most Glocks now, with and without rails. I run the TLR-6 with my 33 and 43.
Positives are it’s very sturdy, have models that also include a laser that’s unobtrusive, slim.
Negatives are it’s only 100 lumens which is fine for in a house or close quarters but lacks the punch at distance, switch isn’t as easy to activate as the other TLR series lights.
Digital camera Product Point-and-shoot camera Camera Reflex camera

Font Material property Parallel Motor vehicle Brand

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
Olight Valkyrie Mini is nice and trim. All metal. Unique mounting system that’s pretty cool and rechargeable.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Im impressed with mine’s light output but I can’t find my damn recharging cord!🤬.
Recharging cord is cool in that it’s magnetic so it almost plugs itself in and can be tugged away when needed.
Not a bad idea for a nightstand gun.

Olight has constant sales and the light is cheaper than the competition.

· Super Moderator
58,783 Posts
Olight Valkyrie Mini is nice and trim. All metal. Unique mounting system that’s pretty cool and rechargeable.
View attachment 282231
Im impressed with mine’s light output but I can’t find my damn recharging cord!🤬.
Recharging cord is cool in that it’s magnetic so it almost plugs itself in and can be tugged away when needed.
Not a bad idea for a nightstand gun.
I’ve broken 4 of them.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
I’ve had to send 2 TLR-1 to the factory over the years. Streamlight is still my go to. Only thing better in my experience is Surefire but you’re paying a premium for them.
Oddly all the years I’ve been carrying the TLR-6 they haven’t failed and I’ve only done one battery change.

· Super Moderator
58,783 Posts
I’ve had to send 2 TLR-1 to the factory over the years. Streamlight is still my go to. Only thing better in my experience is Surefire but you’re paying a premium for them.
Oddly all the years I’ve been carrying the TLR-6 they haven’t failed and I’ve only done one battery change.
I’ve never broken a surefire. I’ve tried.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You like that TLR 6? I see it has 100 lumens compared to 500 on the TLR 7A. I love how they both come flush to the barrel. Is the 100 lumens bright enough for you?

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
You like that TLR 6? I see it has 100 lumens compared to 500 on the TLR 7A. I love how they both come flush to the barrel. Is the 100 lumens bright enough for you?
Love it. It’s good for inside or CQB. With a good kydex holster it’s like not wearing a gun.
Gun accessory Trigger Gas Household hardware Auto part

Gun accessory Luggage and bags Bag Composite material Auto part

I have the TLR-1 series for my uniform or OWB guns.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

1 - 20 of 20 Posts