Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I have on all my Glocks standard factory night sights which work well for me. I’m sure there are better ones out there. Any thoughts?
In my opinion, the Glock OEM night sights are just fine. :)

Furthermore, before you explore "better" night sights, I suggest that you consider some quality low-light/night-fire training.

To me, one of the most sacred tenets of shooting a firearm is (should be?) 'positively identify your target before you shoot'.

To do that in the very conditions that allow night sights to be useful requires the use of a light... either handheld or weapon mounted.

However, as soon as target is adequately 'lit up' to positively identify it, the immediate surroundings are also sufficiently illuminated such that night sights become useless... visually, they turn 'black'.

Years ago, I learned that, if I could see well enough to positively identify the target, I could see well enough to positively see my sights... the type of sights (passive dots, fiber optics, tritium night sights, et cetera) made no difference.

That said, the choice is yours... and the night sights others recommend may or may not be to your liking.

Each of us need to 'test drive' sights to find those with which we are quick, consistent, and comfortable.

Personally, I spent waaaaay too much money on sights before I learned 'all the above'. :( :rolleyes: o_O

Just sayin'... :D

Best regards,

Bob

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I have on all my Glock’s standard factory night sights which work well for me. I’m sure there are better ones out there . Any thoughts[/QUOTE
I have the green/green Meprolights which are the same thing as the Glock OEM and I haven’t had any noticeable dimming in 5 years, but next time around I do want to try out the Truglo TFO’s as they seem a little brighter, but I am going to stay with the green/green colors when I do.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts