Best lube for glock?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by thesid212, Mar 20, 2012.

1. thesid212

thesid212 New Member

What do you guys like?

2. Shadow

Shadow New Member

I use Hoppe's 9 cleaning solvent and lubricating oil on all my firearms and have never had any issues. Some may not like the smell of that stuff but it doesn't bother me a bit. :D

3. thesid212

thesid212 New Member

I was told 2 use gunbutter ? I use hoppes on my 10/22 but I'm new 2 glock and just looking for options or recommendations.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I use the same combo as Shadow. A lot of guys here use CLP for cleaning and lubing. I'm just not a huge fan of an all in one solution, couldn't tell ya why, guess I like each thing to be specialized.

5. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Hoppes 9 for cleaning. Mobil 1 for oiling. Clp to wipe down the outside of the slide for that deep sheen. Lol

6. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    CLP for both cleaning and lubricating!

7. Ach127

Ach127 New Member

WV
    Ballistol...for everything! It's hard to find and not cheap, but well worth the search and cost. If its good enough for Hickok45's Glocks...It's good enough for mine!

8. GrubKiller

GrubKiller New Member

I use Mobil 1 on all my guns; Glocks, ARs and AKs.

9. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

I use Ballistol, a la Hickok45, or Weapon Shield.

In fact, I recently requested a small sample of Weapon Shield from the owner and within a week had it in my mailbox. Kudos to Steel Shield Technologies.

10. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I've been a big fan of Zero Friction for a long time. Reports on here of Gunbutter have me ready to give it a shot to though.

Any quality oil will be fine though.

11. Matthew780

Matthew780 Very Sensitive Guy (^;)

As near to nothing as possible: 4 drops max per cleaning/oiling... And don't oil too often.

12. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I clean all my weapons with Remoil, blow them out with compressed air and lube them with hoppes. I refuse to use and harsh chemicals. A little extra scrubbing with a nylon brush and hard plastic bristle bore brush with a push rod does fine.

13. I use and love frog lube, I have a thread on it if you want more details

14. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Same here.. I'm starting to like the Frog Lube. Safe if swallowed, no fume & earth-friendly.

15. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I started with CLP and just wasn't happy. I'am new to gun ownership and someone suggested Hoppes 9 and it worked GREAT.
    Made the mistake of cleaning my G17 in my tiny one bedroom apartment with Hoppes, took days to air out Lol

16. Glocked

Glocked New Member

My hoppes 9 doesn't smell at all.

17. Frog lube smells like mints... Just saying lol

:D

18. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I hear it tastes like chicken...

Ten Man likes this.

19. HAHAHAHAH

You know it!

20. Tape

Tape New Member

just oil is good enough, remember the 10000 rd torture test they did on the Glock 17, they did not add 1 drop of oil the whole 10000 rounds and during the test the recoil rod fell out and the thing kept shooting. The shoot is on youtube but after a couple thousand rds I just couldnt keep watching. They showed the mans hands afterwards, big blisters and third degree burns, tough fella.