Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use Hoppe's 9 cleaning solvent and lubricating oil on all my firearms and have never had any issues. Some may not like the smell of that stuff but it doesn't bother me a bit. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shadow said:
I use Hoppe's 9 cleaning solvent and lubricating oil on all my firearms and have never had any issues. Some may not like the smell of that stuff but it doesn't bother me a bit. :D
I was told 2 use gunbutter ? I use hoppes on my 10/22 but I'm new 2 glock and just looking for options or recommendations.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I use the same combo as Shadow. A lot of guys here use CLP for cleaning and lubing. I'm just not a huge fan of an all in one solution, couldn't tell ya why, guess I like each thing to be specialized.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I use Ballistol, a la Hickok45, or Weapon Shield.

In fact, I recently requested a small sample of Weapon Shield from the owner and within a week had it in my mailbox. Kudos to Steel Shield Technologies.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I've been a big fan of Zero Friction for a long time. Reports on here of Gunbutter have me ready to give it a shot to though.

Any quality oil will be fine though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I clean all my weapons with Remoil, blow them out with compressed air and lube them with hoppes. I refuse to use and harsh chemicals. A little extra scrubbing with a nylon brush and hard plastic bristle bore brush with a push rod does fine.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Shadow said:
I started with CLP and just wasn't happy. I'am new to gun ownership and someone suggested Hoppes 9 and it worked GREAT.
Made the mistake of cleaning my G17 in my tiny one bedroom apartment with Hoppes, took days to air out Lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
glocknloaded said:
I started with CLP and just wasn't happy. I'am new to gun ownership and someone suggested Hoppes 9 and it worked GREAT.
Made the mistake of cleaning my G17 in my tiny one bedroom apartment with Hoppes, took days to air out Lol
My hoppes 9 doesn't smell at all.

·
Banned
654 Posts
just oil is good enough, remember the 10000 rd torture test they did on the Glock 17, they did not add 1 drop of oil the whole 10000 rounds and during the test the recoil rod fell out and the thing kept shooting. The shoot is on youtube but after a couple thousand rds I just couldnt keep watching. They showed the mans hands afterwards, big blisters and third degree burns, tough fella.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.