Best home defense Glock?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Glock19, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

2. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

The one in your hand lol.

There are Gen4s of the 21 so I would imagine the 21sf Gen4 is out there...

DUH they don't make SF version, because the Gen4 has interchangeable backstraps. The default with no strap is the sf. The medium is the normal, and the large is a step up from a normal Gen3.

The 21 would be my choice, the 37 is gonna be a ***** for ammo.

EDIT: The duh is directed towards my own ranting fyi, not you lol.

3. Have a 21SF and use it for HD. Love it, because the .45 is fat, slow, and hits like a Mack truck moving at a high rate of... fuel consumption :D

Know what you mean about 9mm overpenetration concerns. Even hollowpoints with normal load charges have pretty deep penetration in ballistic tests in 9mm.

4. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Thanks for the input. Are there other Gen4 models out also not advertised on the Glock website? I guess if I would've taken 5 seconds I would've found this on YouTube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYAnhDE46BE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  5. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Thanks. :)

6. Webphisher

Yes, they have a ton of new Gen4s not on their site. 21, 32, 34 just to name a few off the top of my head. They don't seem to update their pages often at all.

7. Webphisher

That guy is fun to watch videos of.

8. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

My GEN 4 23 is my bedside Gun. Loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 165 gr FTX.

Attached Files:

9. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

For 9mm it's prob a good idea to use 147 grain hp to reduce penetration. I would think the lower velocity and bigger bullet would help.

10. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Cool!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  11. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I have those in .45 ACP. Critical Defense rounds seem like some serious man stoppers.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  12. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

Use my 20 10mm in my night stand with 165gr GDHP's pussing 1400fps and 718ft/lbs

Attached Files:

13. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

Since Glock doesn't yet make a 12ga, I'll stick with my 870 as primary "Home Defense" gun.

I'd *LOVE* for Glock to enter the long-gun markets. I would love to see Gaston's take on shotguns and rifles.

14. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Do you use Winchester PDX or 00.... for your 12 gauge? I suppose spraying a burglar into ground meat or blowing them in half both work. ;-) Not that I ever want to be in that situation.

15. The best home defensie Glock is the loaded one in your hand when you have an intruder.

16. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

No one can dispute that! :-D

17. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

I've got a Centurion buck-and-ball round up first - .65 caliber ball and 6 pellets of #1 buck - which is similar to the PDX1-12 load - a 1-ounce slug and 3 pellets of 00.

The next six are plain-jane 00 buck. I'd prefer #4 buck but I can't find it locally. 9, .32 caliber wound channels vs 20-30 .24 caliber wound channels. Penetration is sufficient either way; over penetration is a bit less with the #4 buck.

18. ct34x4

ct34x4 New Member

My choice is the same as others in this thread. My Gen 4 21 is my choice. However, right beside it is my Remington 887 12 ga. Both will do some serious damage if some creeper comes in my house unannounced.

19. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Has the Gen4 21 been good at the range /shooting well? I've seen YouTube reviews complaining about heavy Gen4 trigger pull, but maybe these issues have been ironed out. Trade in the RTF2 17 or buy the Gen4 21 outright....? Decisions decisions.

20. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I believe all GEN 4's are SF without using back straps.