Glock Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thank you Gus, so what holster do you use?

I have had an Alabama Hooker for over 15 years. And other IWB appendix holsters since I started carrying Glocks in 1992. Before that it was Carry Clips for 1911's and J frames.

No, not that one, the lower one!

View attachment 271068

View attachment 271069
Friction type El Paso for Smith Chief Special (late 1960-early 1961) snub, none yet for G48 (just appendix carry) and Bianchi Black Widow with restraint for G19.
Triple K and Bianchi for Colt Govt. Series 70 (1978 model). All OWB.

·
Premium Member
14,654 Posts
Friction type El Paso for Smith Chief Special (late 1960-early 1961) snub, none yet for G48 (just appendix carry) and Bianchi Black Widow with restraint for G19.
Triple K and Bianchi for Colt Govt. Series 70 (1978 model). All OWB.
I have a black widow for my G20. Great owb holster!!

·
Premium Member
5,941 Posts
I'm a new Glock 17 gen 5 owner. I need to start getting holsters for this firearm for concealed carry. Looking for shoulder rig, IWB, SOB and strong side OWB holsters. I'm wondering if there is a preference here for certain holster makers for Glocks?
Buck's Holsters... The ONLY Appendix holster that I can wear comfortably. Leather back with Kydex retention, plus a claw to help pull the holster into your body. I LOVE it and wear it every day with my G43.
www.bucksholsters.com
Anyone looking for IWB should check them out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a new Glock 17 gen 5 owner. I need to start getting holsters for this firearm for concealed carry. Looking for shoulder rig, IWB, SOB and strong side OWB holsters. I'm wondering if there is a preference here for certain holster makers for Glocks?
I purchased a IWB Bravo concealment holster for my gen 4 G17 to use in IDPA. Also bought the same for my G43x. Very pleased with both.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have found that I really like warrior land for my Glock 45. It is the same iwb holster as the G17. Found it on Amazon. Great price also.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Like BeachLife said many of us have drawers or boxes of holsters that we didn’t like. Alien Gear is certainly good—not just the versatile Shape Shift but also the simple Cloak Tuck.

Many people like BladeTech but Ifind them profoundly uncomfortable. A bit expensive but very comfortable option is Hidden Hybrid.

Different things work for different people.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
As you can see, there are as many different holsters as posts. I have several in a drawer that didn’t work out. I live in Coastal NC, so hot and humid most of the year. My hot weather setup is 43x in an Alien Gear 4.0 Shapeshifter IWB with the AG Sport Belt. I have a belly so I don’t wear belts, well almost ever. The Sport Belt goes around waist like a belt but over clothes and the holster clips on. Tee shirt over and unless you know me, you have no clue i carry.
My “Cold Weather” setup is my G45, which I love but it’s a little heavy for daily summer activities. I have been using the AG stuff for just under 3 years and wear it every day. All of my Glocks have AG Shapeshifter holsters and I have a spare Sport band. The newer generation of belt is a little more user friendly-its just the setup of the Velcro and other minor items.
Many will bash AG for all sorts of reasons; “it’s not fully Kydex“, “it does hold the pistol securely” or “it’s a hybrid and you can’t easily re-holster”. It’s not fully Kydex, yes. However, most of the gun and trigger are completely covered in Kydex. If the “lock mechanism“ is properly adjusted the firearm will not leave the holster unless you draw it. I test mine every month or so by holding belt and holster upside down and shaking vigorously numero times to try and expel the gun-unloaded of course! I have a magazine with dummy non firing rounds to add weight to make it more accurate. The “backside” of the holster is a soft, pliable but firm neoprene with a sheet of ballistic nylon inside. Much more comfortable to me than full plastic.
My only complaint with AG, is the amount of lead time. I work in NY<Boo, Hiss-but the money is outstanding> so when I need something by a certain day, that rarely happens. All of their product is manufactured after ordering so it can take a while. I lucked out with my first holster from AG. I just read some reviews and when I picked up a new Glock at a not local to me LGS, there was a Shapeshifter starter kit in stock so you may find them in some gun shops.
I am by no means an “expert” with firearms and CC. I train as often as I can and carry every day I am in a state that honors my CHP’s. Not sure if this helps, I did see a few posts supporting AG. It’s my current setup, I’m very happy with it and don’t anticipate changing to something different unless my needs drastically change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want an all Kydex holster, take a look at Aggressive Concealment: Aggressive Concealment manufacturer of IWB & OWB kydex holsters.. Well made very light and comfortable and inexpensive. I carried only with N8 Tactical leather holsters (Professional or Revenant) for the last decade or so. They didn't have a holster for my new Kimber R7 Mako, so I finally tried the Aggressive Concealment holster and love it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts