1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new here (FIRST POST!, Be gentle!)
Jst bought my first gun as well, G34 Gen-3

I know I need a good holster for both my Gun and Mags and also a range bag, can anyone offer suggestions?

Not even 100% sure of what I should be looking for in a Holster/bag situation?

Links much appreciated!

Thanks to all.
-J

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
woofguy said:
Hi All,

I'm new here (FIRST POST!, Be gentle!)
Jst bought my first gun as well, G34 Gen-3

I know I need a good holster for both my Gun and Mags and also a range bag, can anyone offer suggestions?

Not even 100% sure of what I should be looking for in a Holster/bag situation?

Links much appreciated!

Thanks to all.
-J
Welcome to the forum!

Depends on how you want to carry... Inside the waist band... Outside the waist band? For inside, I recommend the Comp Tac Minotaur and outside I recommend Kydex. Mike P of Defensive Concealment on the forum can definitely help you out with the kydex. .

As for the range bag, check out Midway USA, their competition range bag for $50 is a good deal. It looks exactly like the 5.11 bag but half the price.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Really? nothing guys?
Wow. 2nd post and already showing how impatient you are.

Way to make a first impression. ;)

I kid, I kid. (I tend to get EXTREMELY sarcastic so don't take any thing I "say" personally). A lot of activity happens in the evenings so don't expect too many responses during the day.

To answer your questions:

Fobus Tactical Speed holster (roto paddle)
Fobus mag holders (padle style)

Range bag- anything you can comfortable carry to the range. Check out the bags on LAPOLICEGEAR.com

The reality is the same "what you're most comfortable to YOU" criteria can be applied to all of your questions. What works for me or for others may not necessarily work for you. So it's "best" for us, but not for you.

WElcome to the forum. (<- that was "serious" and not sarcastic).

D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've heard great things about the following...

1. Holsters
• Glock Sport Combat (for the price)
• Crossbreed SuperTuck

2. Mag Holster
• Glock Magazine Pouch

3. Range Bags
• MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag (link)
• Midway USA Compact Competition Range Bag (link)

As a new gun owner as well here are some other items I've picked up that you might want to look into as well...

1. Eyes and Ears
• Howard Leight R-01523 (link) - I picked up these and like them quite a bit because they're slim (don't stick out as much as others), fold up (takes up less space in my bag), and they're reasonably priced.
• Remington T-72 Shooting Glasses (link)

2. Ammo Can (to store your ammo in)
• MTM 50cal Ammo Can (link)
• Military Surplus 50cal or 30cal cans - I picked one up at my LGS (local gun store) for $10

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks guys for all of the help, I think i'm going with the Fobus Holster But the Belt and not the paddle, I found a range bag I like, I have Eyes and Ears (I got the Surefire EP7 Sonic Defenders® Ultra, and the Oakley Radar Glasses). I also think i'm going Fobus Mag Holsters.

Again, thanks much guys!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
woofguy said:
Wow thanks guys for all of the help, I think i'm going with the Fobus Holster But the Belt and not the paddle, I found a range bag I like, I have Eyes and Ears (I got the Surefire EP7 Sonic Defenders® Ultra, and the Oakley Radar Glasses). I also think i'm going Fobus Mag Holsters.

Again, thanks much guys!
Ep7s are awesome. I got a few pairs myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts