Best forum ever

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dutchs, Jun 17, 2012.

1. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I am of course biased in this matter because with full disclosure, I am a Moderator here and of course I think this is the best forum ever! That being said, We have a lot of new members here and a lot of you who have been here much longer than me.

I am interested in making sure that we are and continue to be the best forum ever! We have recently had many new women members this is very good for the shooting sport as a whole and we should be the leader bringing women into the fold and I know a lot of us have kids and family that enjoy the forum with us. It is my wish to make this a place for all!

My question is, Do we have a good standard by which we the mods. and the members all adhere to for everyone to be able to enjoy the forum, the things I look at is, are we being fair, are we allowing enough conversation about all topics and still keeping a sense of common decency and respect for all members, are we having fun and still being respectful to all within the forum? I just really hope that all the members here can go to their Friends and family and say they enjoy this forum and would recommend that anyone they know would come here.

I am posting this in hopes of the members giving me feedback to get any and all feedback to make this forum better , Good, Bad, or ugly and that we can take from this thread and make this forum better and keep doing the things we do that make it great as well! Thanks and I look forward to some great conversation.

2. noob

noob Noob the forum boob

I have seen the mods be fair in my short time here

3. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

As many of you know, both my wife and I are members here. We think of this forum as kind of like family. We have had great conversations with members about all different topics, not only about Glocks. As this forum has grown, so has the diversity of its members. I am glad to see more ladies getting involved in the forum as well as the sport of shooting and wanting to learn more about being a responsible gun owners. To the guys, we should welcome them in and treat them with the respect they deserve and how you would like your wife or mother treated. Let us all make the effort needed to bring in new members and help them become a part of the family.

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I love it! I cannot complain at all!

This forum does rock and I look forward to many, many more topics and discussions. The mods here are very fair and there has not been one thing they have done that I disagree with.

5. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I am glad you posted this BD. I am very bad with words and perhaps that's why I work with my hands for a living but you put my thoughts into a post. This thread you and Dutchs's post should be the intro for new members.

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Thank you GNL, It has been put in the Annoucement and Support section at the beginning of the forum as well as here. Thanks again

7. I have no problems with the forum or the members. I really like the fact that the good majority of the people on here can have a good, educated, civil discussion with out being to tightly wrapped up in their beliefs and flying off the handle.

All most at 10,000 members!

8. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

Good post, Dutchs! As with any conversation, they sometimes have a tendency to get out of control. You fellas (and miss Donna) do a fine job of keeping things in check. Some things have reached the threshold but you always bring it back. That's a sign of a good forum.

9. runman

runman New Member

I can just say that I am impressed how involved the moderators are here. Typically conversations get out of control and there seems to be no oversight. Not sure how you all divvy up the duties but its working so good on you all!
    I'm new to this stuff so I take more info than I give but it is a great group and I would happily send my grandmother to this forum. Keep up the great work!

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

I think this is a great place to fellowship with like minded folks. Male, female, white, black, red, brown, yellow, green-with-purple-polka dots...

11. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

well there seems to be alot of spelling police or lack of picture police.like some sit there and wait to correct others. just my two cents

12. glocknloaded

That's everywhere, just write them off brother..

13. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

just puts a bad taste in my mouth ,leading me to delete the post.or write something smart***

14. glocknloaded

Don't sweat it man I am horrible with words that's why I am a carpenter :)

Enjoy the forum and if they give you a hard time just kindly tell them back off.

15. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

This is an awesome forum. Wouldn't even try another Glock forum.