Glock Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Winchester Ranger T Series is amazing from tests I've seen. But the Speer Gold Dots are really good ones as well. From ballistic testing, 155 or 165 gr. ammo will give you the best performance. 180 gr. isn't the best for self defense because the .40 isn't truly designed to launch a projectile that heavy. The 180 gr. bullet was designed for it's bigger brother, the 10mm. Stay away from weird stuff like ammo that shatters or "explodes" on impact.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Winchester Ranger T Series is amazing from tests I've seen. But the Speer Gold Dots are really good ones as well. From ballistic testing, 155 or 165 gr. ammo will give you the best performance. 180 gr. isn't the best for self defense because the .40 isn't truly designed to launch a projectile that heavy. The 180 gr. bullet was designed for it's bigger brother, the 10mm. Stay away from weird stuff like ammo that shatters or "explodes" on impact.
thanks bud for the info. i have had all cals but .40 . i love the feel off the g23 and shot 5 in groups at 50 ft with Winchester white box 180. i was asking because i want the best performance without having to spend all the $ i have to find out lol. Ranger T 230 in the .45 kicks butt as far as my opinion concerns. thanks for the info. i will put that into use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts