Glock Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a novice and want to get into competitive shooting eventually. I just bought a 34... I am a little farsighted so the dots are a little blurry to start with... I know there are many brands out there, but I am hoping that you all can help me narrow it down a bit.. Links and pics would be great also.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool, thank you

·
Registered
239 Posts
Question about the Big Dots. I realize they were created to be a 'put a bullet center mass quick' style sight BUT, is the dot so big that it covers too much of what you are aiming at? Sometimes big = sloppy while small = precision. If I was shooting bullseyes I would think I would want a small front post. That's a little different than 'put a round within a dinner plate' as quick as possible. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Greetings,

Depends on what you want to accomplish... 1" group @ 25m or 5 rounds in 4 seconds in an 8" circle @ 7m, they both have their challenges and require a different set up of your equipment...

Which are you looking into?

hagatha

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The latter please

·
Registered
59 Posts
If your shooting defensive... I would want a sight that I can see in low light, something that I can find in a hurry and get off a couple accurate shots.

I like the stock Glock sights... I would replace the front sight post with a tritium insert... a single mark on the rear sight like the XS has would be an advantage, IMO. fewer dots to keep track of.

hagatha

I also like the Advantage Tactical sights....

·
Registered
59 Posts
I prefer the Sevigny Rear and Fiber Optic front on my Gen4 G35 like this one below.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts