Glock Firearms banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
The Ruger Mark II is king in my opinion, but they can be hard to find.
hard to find, really?

They are in every gun store by the half dozen around here. GB has about 30 listed for sale right now.

I love my 5" bull barrel MKII until I have to clean it, than it quickly turns to hate ;) They are a real MF'er to put back together.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hard to find, really?
I was thinking the Mark II was not made anymore and replaced by the III. They seem scarce around here, but I did not check GB. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
I was thinking the Mark II was not made anymore and replaced by the III. They seem scarce around here, but I did not check GB. :eek:
I think you are correct about Ruger stopped making the MKII, so getting a NIB one is probably increasingly difficult. I meant used ones, disregard

·
Registered
9 Posts
A while back, I mentioned that I had ordered a Ruger SR-22 from Kentucky Gun Co and had it shipped to a local FFL. KyGunCo shipped the gun quickly, and it appeared that it had made it to the FFL according to the package tracking. Come to find out that it spent over a week at the local post office before they finally got around to delivering it...

Has anyone else had issues with the USPS delaying a gun shipment? Just curious...

Frank

·
Registered
9 Posts
ColoConsrvCowboy said:
A while back, I mentioned that I had ordered a Ruger SR-22 from Kentucky Gun Co and had it shipped to a local FFL. KyGunCo shipped the gun quickly, and it appeared that it had made it to the FFL according to the package tracking. Come to find out that it spent over a week at the local post office before they finally got around to delivering it...

Has anyone else had issues with the USPS delaying a gun shipment? Just curious...

Frank
And never mind... Just after I posted this, I got a call from the shop -- it had been delivered to the wrong post office, stayed there for over a week, and was finally delivered to the gun shop yesterday morning. They were just doing the paperwork when I called. But still, ten days at the wrong PO? Another reason the USPS should go out of business...

Frank

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
And never mind... Just after I posted this, I got a call from the shop -- it had been delivered to the wrong post office, stayed there for over a week, and was finally delivered to the gun shop yesterday morning. They were just doing the paperwork when I called. But still, ten days at the wrong PO? Another reason the USPS should go out of business...

Frank
I hate to agree with you but their quality control has gone in the past 5 years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
TXGlock19 said:
I bought one two weeks ago, just haven't shot yet. Plan on going this Friday for mine and the wife's "date night". Have heard good reports. Will let you know.
Ok - I just got around to taking my new SR22 to the Range. It must be something about Rugers and .22's, they know what they're doing. That little gun shot great!! Bought mainly for wife and she loved it also and doesn't really care for guns. Definite A plus!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
The USPS would do better if it there wasn't congressional mandated to not be competitive and certainly would be better off if it wasn't used as a source of money for the government and allowed to keep the money it makes. But everyone (in general) likes to blame the little guys but don't realize its Washington that is responsible for these rate hikes and service changes. USPS ain't perfect but I'd say the instances of packages being drop kicked and used as hockey pucks at delivery hubs is higher with UPS.

-Son of 25yr Postal Employee and friend of several UPS employees.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Arise! I just got two Beretta Neos in trade, and one is the older model & needs the recall service. Are there any Neos owners out there that have dealt with this service? Just curious before I commit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Back again...

I've now put well over 2,000 rounds through the SR-22 and I have to say that I love that little gun. Although I bought it for my wife, I find I'm using it more than she is. It's nice to be able to blast away and not feel like you're putting a quarter in the slot every time you pull the trigger (like with my Glock 19). I feel like it's a great way to improve my shooting proficiency without going broke.

Ruger has a winner with this little handgun. Now I just need to get the SR-22 AR as a companion toy...

F

·
Registered
198 Posts
flightmedic76 said:
My wife's Beretta NEOS has been great. It seems to eat anything. The best part is I got it for $229 brand new. It's definitely strange looking, but it has grown on me a little bit. For the money it has served its purpose well as a cheap range plinker.
I got the Neos with a 6 inch barrel in February and have put over 1000 rounds through it. It is a fun shooter and you can't beat the price. Before I let the kids shoot the Glock I let them shoot the Neos first.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Back again...

I've now put well over 2,000 rounds through the SR-22 and I have to say that I love that little gun. Although I bought it for my wife, I find I'm using it more than she is. It's nice to be able to blast away and not feel like you're putting a quarter in the slot every time you pull the trigger (like with my Glock 19). I feel like it's a great way to improve my shooting proficiency without going broke.

Ruger has a winner with this little handgun. Now I just need to get the SR-22 AR as a companion toy...

F
I also have a G19 and I felt the same way after I bought the M&P22. It feels great blasting through a box of 550 for about the cost of 50 9mm. I have looked at the SR-22. Seems like a nice little gun.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts